Cheaper Calls for Talk Talk line rental customers!!!

Options
Now that TT have applied Indirect Access Call Barring (IACB) to their Line Rental Customers (Not CPS customers where line rental is still with BT).They are no longer able to use Indirect Access Numbers like 1899/18185/18866 to make cheaper calls.However they should still be able to use the 0808 freephone access numbers,or 0208 access numbers intended for cable or mobile users, provided by these companies.Although the call charges to 01/02 numbers will be dearer,and other calls may be dearer depending on supplier used.

Also they should still be able to use the 0844 indirect access numbers in the MSE Call checkers.TT charge the same as BT for calls to 0844 numbers.

Alternatively they could always move back to BT opt 1 and benefit from the cheaper line rental ,and call services.
BT line rental Opt1 with free caller display and Voicemail basic 1571 is £11 a month.Same services with TT £12.49 a month.

Also BT have to allow you access to indirect access numbers,and to cps.So you can pick cheapest call suppliers.
PF.

Comments

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is why I am happy to have always kept my line rental with BT and why I won't rent a line from NTL either.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TT charge the same as BT for calls to 0844 numbers.

Are you sure? I received a TT bill a few months back with 5p/min charge for an 0844 1p/min number (one of the indirect call suppliers) and was told that unless is it a specific "listed" 0844 number that it will be charged at 5p/min. (this may have changed - no longer use TT)

AMENDMENT: The above charging may have been due to being on an old Vartec tariff with different prices to TT tariffs. Sorry for any confusion raised here.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was still being charged 1p/min to 084486***** from Talktalk on the 30th Jan. Remember, numbers starting 0844 are charged at a variety of rates depending on the 5th digit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure