ADVICE for business user

Options
My parents have a business line with BT, but I have changed it so their calls are through Homecall, does anyone know if they are any companies which offer line rental to Business Customers??

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, there are many. Opal Telecom (part of Carphone Warehouse), Primus, COLT, to name but three.

But do be aware that if you change your exchange line provider to someone other than BT that they may not allow you to choose different service providers to route your calls through. Only BT, by the terms of its license must allow its customers to route their calls via other operators, should they choose to do so.

So, a cheaper line rental may well only come at the expense of dearer call charges.
  • pricefighter
    Options
    pcyam wrote:
    My parents have a business line with BT, but I have changed it so their calls are through Homecall, does anyone know if they are any companies which offer line rental to Business Customers??

Would they not have better off on 1899 for their 01/02 calls just 3p a call,and 18185 for their mobile and ngn calls. A lot of small businesses use these services and depending on volume of calls find it cheaper.
    PF.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be aware of homecalls appalling customer service if you have any subsequent problems.I suggest all communication in writing only and recorded delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport