We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Travelodge price question
snowyowl
Posts: 35 Forumite
Hi
On the Travelodge website I notice that the prices vary day to day, so how come when you try to book for say 3 days, does it try to charge you the highest day's price for all three days? I don't mind paying the prices as they are set, but don't see why I should pay the higher price when one or two of the days are advertised at the lower price.
Does anyone have any ideas please, or is it a case of booking each day separately? And if that was the case, would it mean checking out and in each time...:mad:
Many thanks
On the Travelodge website I notice that the prices vary day to day, so how come when you try to book for say 3 days, does it try to charge you the highest day's price for all three days? I don't mind paying the prices as they are set, but don't see why I should pay the higher price when one or two of the days are advertised at the lower price.
Does anyone have any ideas please, or is it a case of booking each day separately? And if that was the case, would it mean checking out and in each time...:mad:
Many thanks
0
Comments
-
have you tried phoning the hotel?Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
(MSE Andrea says ok!)0 -
i have found this before, what you need to do is to book all the nights as seperate bookings, ie fri @£29 ,sat @£19, sun @£19 then you will be charged the daily rate, otherwise they charge the full rate for every night.
but make sure all the rooms are availble for the nights you want0 -
i have found this before, what you need to do is to book all the nights as seperate bookings, ie fri @£29 ,sat @£19, sun @£19 then you will be charged the daily rate, otherwise they charge the full rate for every night.
but make sure all the rooms are availble for the nights you want
Ditto here, it's pretty dumb but as Dazzer says the only way round it is to make seperate bookings. I've found that you don't have to book each day seperately only the ones with different prices so in Dazzers example you'd only have to make 2 bookings (one day @ £29 and 2 days @ £19, unless of course the £29 day was in the middle then you'd have to do 3 bookings).
Also when you arrive make sure you point out to them that you have actually got multiple bookings otherwise they might make you check out and then back in. On my last stay where I'd made seperate bookings the receptionist said all I had to do was get my card re-activated but was grateful I'd pointed it out to her.If you see someone without a smile.Give them yours :A
Debt free - as long as you don't count my student loan0 -
Thank you all for taking time to reply. That's great, as long as I know there's no easy solution, I'll go ahead and make separate bookings, saves a few pounds which we can spend on something else.0
-
i have found this before, what you need to do is to book all the nights as seperate bookings, ie fri @£29 ,sat @£19, sun @£19 then you will be charged the daily rate, otherwise they charge the full rate for every night.
but make sure all the rooms are availble for the nights you want
Yes, I've just booked 2 rooms for a week, had to pay more or risk not getting the rooms wanted and not being able to cancel as they are saver rates. Also, there is the CC fee each time. I'm not loving the TL website at the mo.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards