We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Forthcoming Eurostar Deal

2»

Comments

  • eebee
    eebee Posts: 61 Forumite
    I've just booked my honeymoon using the Times offer.

    Ashford to Paris return for 2 adults for £100 in June departing Sunday, returning on a Tuesday (9 day holiday).

    We will then go on the train down to Nice from Paris.

    Can't wait!!
  • eebee wrote: »
    I've just booked my honeymoon using the Times offer.

    Ashford to Paris return for 2 adults for £100 in June departing Sunday, returning on a Tuesday (9 day holiday).

    We will then go on the train down to Nice from Paris.

    Can't wait!!

    We got the train down to Nice 3 years ago and its the longest journey I have ever done. I was really scared of flying (well still am really) so refused to get on a plane but after the journey my boyfriend refused to ever do it again. So if your going over night I would definatly suggest to get on a sleeper train.

    But Nice is worth it in the end, its gorgeous. Have a great honeymoon :j
  • eebee
    eebee Posts: 61 Forumite
    Thank you.

    I went on the sncf website to check out the TVG trains that run from Paris to Nice, it does take 5.30hrs but at least it's direct without any changes and for some reason first class tickets are cheaper that second class tickets!! Must be another special offer.

    Eebee
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    eebee wrote: »
    Thank you.

    I went on the sncf website to check out the TVG trains that run from Paris to Nice, it does take 5.30hrs but at least it's direct without any changes and for some reason first class tickets are cheaper that second class tickets!! Must be another special offer.

    Eebee

    awww Nice for your honeymoon ,that will be lovely ,enjoy :)
    how much is it from Paris - Nice out of interest ?

    xx
  • chivers1977
    chivers1977 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    There are amazing deals on expedia BTW:

    £308 for 2 adults and a 3 yr old eurostar and disney santa fe

    Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
    If booked independently: £528
    Expedia discount for booking together:
    -£221

    Total: Price details £308
    Marne-la-Vallee, France
    Standard Room-Parks' tickets not included
    Includes: Continental Breakfast, Free Parking
    Check in: 13/05/09
    Check out: 15/05/09
    Traveller Opinion
    4.0 out of 5
    70+ reviews

    London St Pancras to Disneyland Resort Wed 13/05/09 09:53 - 13:31 Eurostar
    Disneyland Resort to London St Pancras Fri 15/05/09 19:37 - 21:12 Eurostar
    There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you Peter De Vries
    Debt free by 40 (27/11/2016)
  • Tarry
    Tarry Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    I am hoping they'd do some cheap day returns soon for two people or failing that, get my butt and book a Ryanair deal for my birthday.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread
    -I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.