New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

It’s an exceptionally tough time for the holiday, travel and events industry, and we are swamped with questions about your consumer rights around cancelled concerts, flights, hotels, theatre shows etc.

We’re a small team and we want to make sure Forumites are getting the answers they need accurately and quickly. So for the time being, we are hitting pause on this board and redirecting everyone to the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

And of course, we have the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Wacko Jacko? when? where? (merged)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
1.7K replies 85.7K views

Replies

• i'm not sure if they will all be concerts but thats how long he has booked the o2 for, some will be set up days and then to take all the set down
  • I did love him as a performer years ago, but as i analyze it, i can't help but stop at the fact that he abused kids!
    I'd love to go but i personally feel as though i'd be condoning what he did.
    I just can't see past it and don't understand the hysteria but my view is my own.
  • heskpeskheskpesk Forumite
    2K posts
    I hear he is not allowed to play stadiums that are within a certain distance of schools (for obvious reasons);)
  • Claire3121Claire3121 Forumite
    317 posts
    Nicolefury wrote: »
    Tickets are £50/£65/£75 which is a fantastic price really.

I'm pretty sure the major places to get tickets will be ticketmaster and seetickets. o2 usually run their presales through ticketmaster.

o2 arena has both seating and standing. The stage is in the middle, so theres no back as such. Good seats everywhere really.

It was in the middle for Prince,all other artists we've seen there have had the stage at the back.
    :jPrince's number one fan!!!:j
    :AR.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Moonwalking with the angels xxx:A
  • hm71_2hm71_2 Forumite
    2K posts
    bikerjodie wrote: »
    I did love him as a performer years ago, but as i analyze it, i can't help but stop at the fact that he 'allegedly' abused kids!
    I'd love to go but i personally feel as though i'd be condoning what he did.
    I just can't see past it and don't understand the hysteria but my view is my own.

with you one hundred percent!!! I doubt very much he will even turn up to the shows what with the insurance policies they've taken out!!!!
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • chuckleychuckley Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    where did the figure of £75 a ticket come from?! (sorry found it)

if so thats cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap for MJ. but considering its 200k people, thats a lotta money still!
    *~* Valued Opinions - £40; Quidco - £92.77; Lightspeed Panel - £40; My Survey - £20; Consumer Pulse - £190; Toluna - £44; Ciao - £42.47; GfK - £50; Pigsback - £20; ABAi - £10; Panelbase - £10.45 ; Grassroots - £50 *~* Blue Text = Account now closed

*~*2010 XMAS fund - £70 *~*
  • chuckleychuckley Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicolefury wrote: »
    Tickets are £50/£65/£75 which is a fantastic price really.

I'm pretty sure the major places to get tickets will be ticketmaster and seetickets. o2 usually run their presales through ticketmaster.

o2 arena has both seating and standing. The stage is in the middle, so theres no back as such. Good seats everywhere really.
    erm how did u find out the stage set up?! it differs per artist... and i cant see where it says what stage set up he will have...
    *~* Valued Opinions - £40; Quidco - £92.77; Lightspeed Panel - £40; My Survey - £20; Consumer Pulse - £190; Toluna - £44; Ciao - £42.47; GfK - £50; Pigsback - £20; ABAi - £10; Panelbase - £10.45 ; Grassroots - £50 *~* Blue Text = Account now closed

*~*2010 XMAS fund - £70 *~*
  • Just caught a (quick) glimpse of his press conference on the news. Was that really him?? His voice is way deeper and he looks fatter In fact, he looked just like that English bloke who's made a living out of impersonating him. My conspiracy theory-laden mind is working overtime here. suspect.gifsuspect.gif:eek:
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • NicolefuryNicolefury Forumite
    602 posts
    Claire3121 wrote: »
    It was in the middle for Prince,all other artists we've seen there have had the stage at the back.

Metallica had a centre stage. Any sort of major artist will want to opt for a centre stage, means you can have more of the premium seats.
    Dooyoo £10.40/40, TopCashBack £17.19/30, Valued Opinions 50p/£10, Swagbucks 0/£20, Ebay £15/£25
  • No1JokerNo1Joker Forumite
    196 posts
    Saw him at Wembley last time he did it (yonks ago) it was awesome, we sat a million miles away (i think we had the oxford seats!) but never forget the night.
    Saw The Boss and Eagles at the O2 both end stages both great. Floor seats for the Eagles were 1000 times better than the "Gods" seats for Brucey. Its way high and you end up watching the screens. Pay up and get those lower tiers people, its worth the extra effort.
    NO RAIN - NO RAINBOWS

When did i stop being able to fit Hoola-Hoops over my fingers? :huh::think:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support