We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help with stretchmarks!!

Options
Having been ill for the past year or two I have put on quite a bit of weight even though eating healthily. As a result I have got STRETCHMARKS!!!! I have not had children and am definately not pregnant (impossibility!!!).

How do I get rid of them! Am trying to lose weight but this is easier said than done! Is there any cream you can buy that helps?

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weight Loss - 102lb

Comments

• holeintheriver
    Options
    try 3 drops of lavender, juniper & rosemary in 60ml (1fl.oz/6 tsps) of seasame oil.
    rub into affected area morning & night for a minimum of 2 weeks.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, so does that make them fade? What happens? Its so unfair! You would of thought that I have had kids the amount of marks on my arms and stomach!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • holeintheriver
    Options
    or 3 drops of lavender & 2 drops of frankincense & sandalwood in 30ml of seasame oil. (this one is probably better for stretchmarks as the other is more for cellulite)

again morning & night for 2 weeks.
  • intel
    intel Posts: 6,404 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unpleasant stretch marks

Stretch marks can be a nuisance and they are not easy to get rid of. If you already have them, keep in maind that it takes time, patience and regular skincare before you can fade stretch marks away.

What can you do?

If you massage your body regularly with coconut and almond oil, it will keep stretch marks away.
    Consult a doctor to start with a daily dose of Vitamin E capsules. Vitamin E is believed to improve stretch marks. Or, add a couple of vitamin E capsules to your body massage oil.
    It is believed that smearing the area with egg white and letting it dry before washing off with ice cold water regularly can help in getting rid of stretch marks completely.

From http://www.free-beauty-tips.com/miscstretch.html
  • holeintheriver
    Options
    best to apply after shower or bath when skin is warm and slightly swollen. this will allow quicker absorbtion. if not just rub in allowing skin to warm using circular motions.
  • onesocklizzie
    Options
    The key is to make sure your skin is really hydrated -Palmers cocoa range is great to help them fade, as is vitamin e oil (cheap in health food shops) and drink lots of water. Unfortunatly they won't ever go away but they will fade into silver lines which are quite reasonably disguised by fake tan..... When i was pregnant I moisturised a-go-go and got no stretch marks but kind of forgot when baby came along, and got them as my tummy et al was shrinking back to normal size, I learned my lesson and now always slap on some cocoa butter after a shower - and it smells divine! Good luck x
  • skyrocket
    Options
    I heard that Bio-oil was meant to be great in getting rid of stretchmarks but I haven't tried it yet.
    Sky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family