We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

help needed severely stretched crimped britle frizzy damaged hair

Options
what should i do?? help! its like brush ing frizzy hay! ive tried hot oils, intensive masks, ive just bought a trevor sorbie professional one but my hair always looks so stretched and wide when i dry it, like a huge frizzy triangle..i wish there was a leave in product that worked like my friends black hair relaxing stuff but i think i would just break it all off if i used a chemical...does anything actually penetrate the hair shaft instead of coat? thanks
Fr. Stack: While you were out, I got the keys to your car. And drove it into a big wall. And if you don't like it, tough. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

Comments

• zincoxide
    zincoxide Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    I'd try this if I were you:

http://www.timetospa.com/UK/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=TimeToSpaCatalog&category%5Fname=Hair+and+Scalp+Treatments&product%5Fid=99042&ParentOid=Steiner

Fair enough it is £20, but it does last a while and you'll notice an instant difference.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated :A
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If its any help, I never use a brush on my hair. I comb a good conditioner through and leave it on as long as possible, then rinse off. Comb through John Freida frizz ease while still soaking wet using a wide toothed comb (don't towel dry) then rub a SMALL pea sized blob of conditioner between my hands and smooth that over my hair.

Comb through and then finger dry, scrunching with fists if curls are wanted, or just let dry and then use straighteners if straight hair is wanted.

Also, try not using shampoo everytime you wash your hair. Often I just wet it, condition and style, without actually using shampoo. A hairstylist told me that trick.

Hope some of this helps
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • random456
    random456 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    have you used it?
    Fr. Stack: While you were out, I got the keys to your car. And drove it into a big wall. And if you don't like it, tough. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.
  • random456
    Options
    my problem is if i dont put loads of heat on it i end up with a bush i have so much hair the hairdresser (toni and guy) always gets shocked when she sees it, its impossible to straighten, yesterday i overdried it so much out of frustration (it would NOT flatten down) i think ive wrecked it
  • zincoxide
    zincoxide Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't (being a bloke with short hair) but my other half has, she swears by this and using Bed Head Manipulator shampoo (cheap at lookfantastic.co.uk).

She has coloured hair which is very thick and straight.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated :A
  • random456
    Options
    umm the elemis product doesnt exist any more according to that link you sent me
  • littld
    littld Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Frizz Ease is ace
  • random456
    Options
    i have the whole frizz ease range. it does nothing..i cannot emphasise how crap my hair is, even the hairdressers never seen hair like it
  • grownup1
    Options
    zzzLazyDaisy sounds like she has a system working! I'll try her conditioner tricks. What works for me is to use loads of conditioner, and serum, wash hair at night and let dry naturally as I sleep (takes all night) -and NEVER to comb or brush except when wet. This way my natural curls survive and save me from having to 'style'.
  • random456
    Options
    i tried that and it looked ok when i woke up but within half an hr the ends started to frizz and i had an afro, i wish i could flatten it or compress it somehow, im after some sort of wonder product that gets into the hair shaft i spose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport