🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone had an e-mail from BT to go paperless billing?

Options
Hi,

Just had an e-mail from BT telling me they are changing all online customers to paperless billing unless I click on the link to keep receiving a paper bill. No offers of any discounts though. I clicked the link to keep receiving my paper bills.

Comments

• Hunnymonster
    Options
    I had that a few weeks back. Like you until there's the enticement of a discount, they can keep sending the paper one to keep the postie in a job.

Interestingly I had a discrepancy between my online & paper bills this month too - only a penny and I suspect it's down to rounding, but so far no word from BT on how it happened nor which figure they'll actually debit from the account (nor which amount is the 'authorised' amount under the direct debit guarantee).
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

In many cases it helps if you say where you are - someone with local knowledge might be able to give local specifics rather than general advice
  • ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    They all want you to go for online billing .
    you will get the save the enviorment story and you can print your own bill .
    We all know its a cost cutting exercise .They cut there cost and you use your paper and ink .
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Options
    Nicholas wrote:
    Hi,

Just had an e-mail from BT telling me they are changing all online customers to paperless billing unless I click on the link to keep receiving a paper bill. No offers of any discounts though. I clicked the link to keep receiving my paper bills.

Not yet Nicholas ... but even though I've a BT account ...they never acknowledge or send e-mails :confused: It's all paper.
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Well folks Bt are at it again!!

Anyone who has registered for their bill online.( but also requested a paper bill).. Will soon recieve an E-mail saying that BT will no longer be sending a paper bill................I wonder why?.. Couldnt be down to the fact they are trying to save money :rolleyes: , and also due to the fact that people wont be able to check their bills properly...

You will now need to call them to reinstate your paper bill, or you can e-mail on ebilling@bt.com..

Greed lot!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family