Exercise the OS way

Options

Comments

• tjp70
    tjp70 Posts: 464 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cookie monster,

To help you with your OS weight loss journey, why don't you turn this into a diary of the OS exercise you did each day.
    If Plan A fails, remember there are 25 more letters
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    tjp70 wrote: »
    Cookie monster,

To help you with your OS weight loss journey, why don't you turn this into a diary of the OS exercise you did each day.

Guilt tripping. :eek:

I like it. :cool: :rotfl:
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tjp70 wrote: »
    Cookie monster,

That's a great idea. You could maybe get others to join in if you wanted and swap OS methods of exercise. I know theres a diet thread but this is exercise right?!

Good idea about the hot water bottles. Id rather associate mine with heat and comfort ;)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    That's a great idea. You could maybe get others to join in if you wanted and swap OS methods of exercise. I know theres a diet thread but this is exercise right?!

Good idea about the hot water bottles. Id rather associate mine with heat and comfort ;)

:eek: Not hot water bottles. :rolleyes: Drinking water bottles. :D Should have made myself clearer. :o

There is an exercise thread on here but its probably a bit too hard core for what Cookie_monster is looking for.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ohh now I am spooked - I have just gone on map my walk and it came up with a map of the world. I randomly clicked on the UK and the town thatcame up was my town, ohh big brother is watching me!

I just tried it and although it didn't get my little town, it did get one of the two closest big towns to me!

I think it has more to do with google than big brother tho.
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Geordie joe you are right I just did it again and definately clicked on Devon - opposite end of the country and my town came up again - still I feel like BB is watching me or should that be google! Just as well I don't want to plot a route for my MIL, isn't it!
  • JillD_2
    JillD_2 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Options
    great thread. I am having a similar dilemma.
    I have gym membership costing me £29.60 a month and have 3 stone to lose.
    My sub is a good deal, it was during a promotion a few years ago and currently normal price is £40 which a lot of my friends are paying.
    To walk into the gym off the street is about £7 a time.
    Or I can pay an annual £30 and pay £5 a visit.
    Either way I think I need to go about 5 or 6 times a month either way to make it worth what I pay.
    Its all fine, and I go most weeks once if not twice, but each time I have to put the baby in the creche costing me £2.25 a time. So twice a week for the month is about £18 on top of the £29.60
    Total cost £48 a month
    The baby will be at preschool next year so then it wont cost me the extra £18.

I constantly think I should give it up.
    It would be fine in the summer, I would walk loads with the baby between school and preschool trips for the other ones. And I can go running in the evenings.
    Maybe I should just then pay to go swimming in the winter ? Wouldnt run in the winter cos its too dark at night.

I have a Wii Fit so I SHOULD use that and I have a couple of used-once exercie DVDs. I am not very committed at home though.

Oh oh just realised I can run in the day when baby older and at preschool!

I have also just realied that over the school holidays I dont go at all because DS is too old for the creche.

Right thats it, I have decided to QUIT THE GYM !!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO Thanks cookie_monster for helping me make my mind up :)
    You have just saved me £48 a month!!!

Jill
    Jan GC: £202.65/£450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: £0/0lbs

• philb120
    philb120 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    There is a thread in the freebies section about free swimming being available from 1st April 2009. See below for more details

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1523475
    Divorce all finished- now to start saving for a better future!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    I go swimming a bit - the local pool's something like £3 a time - doing that twice a week is still cheaper than the gym.

I swim a lot too. It's worth asking if your local pool do a saver deal for regular use. Pay as you go at my pool costs £3 but instead I can actually get unlimited use for 6 months for £90 if I pay in advance for a swimsaver. Even if I just swam twice a week that would save me £54. As it is I swim much more than that so end up saving something like £400 a year. Most local authority pools do something like this. With some it is saver cards, others have loyalty cards where your 10th swim is free etc...
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure