Wednesday 4/3/09 What small dfw things have you done today???

Options

Comments

• skint-student-nurse
    Options
    hello everyone! ive been up since 6am again thanks to my DD so i took her to nursery early and made a start on her new bedroom...its very pink!
    my list for today is:
    • return un-opened can of paint to wilko - thats £15 back :rolleyes:
    • chase up delivery date for new sofas
    • check banking
    • 10p bingo later
    • read martins email
    • find something to wear for my interview in the morning :eek:
    • store cupboard and freezer tea
    • LSD - bought bus ticket this morning and lunch....:o
    • anything else DFW that comes up!
    hope everyone is having a good day,im off to get this paint off me!
    ;)
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all!! Bright stripey socks today :j .

Today I have/will:
    • checked on-line banking - Quidco £48.62 paid in and moved to savings
    • daily scratchies
    • packed lunch and storecupboard tea
    • clean kitchen floor before I put clean rug back down
    • carry on adding to Avon order
    • call at Mr T and pick up some lovely flowers to take to my parents tomorrow for their anniversary on Friday
    Not much today. Must try not to spend too much on a shopping day with my Mum tomorrow.

Have a great afternoon

Regards

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have/will

1. Checked online baking
    2. Paid credit card online
    3. Transferred £100 to savings (Bicester fund:D)
    4. Played free scratchcard (won 50p decided to buy 7x10p tickets and won full house £14.65:j)
    5. OU coursework
    6. LSD only hydrotherapy for dog £20
    7. Received renewal for dogs insurance £377:eek::eek: gone up £108
    8. Store cupboard meals
    9. Write out a priority list as suggested by doctor
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • stuffandnonsense
    Options
    Today I have..

Brought in breakfast and lunch to work.
    store cupboard dinner
    Putting in travel expenses claim from training yesterday.
    checked Online banking

This is the first time I've posted on this thread although I've loved reading it for ages as it always give good tips. :p
    "I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills than a mansion in the slums." Neil Finn

Don't worry everything is going to be AMAZING :j
  • hampsterpoo
    hampsterpoo Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all .

today I was awoken with severe cramp at 3am :eek: :eek: so I have a very stiff sore leg muscle this morning.
    So eventually got back to sleep and then mrs hp let me lie in and took car for its MOT , - just heard IT'S PASSED.:j :j :j

Have done daily free scratcheezs.:j
    lunch from fridge.:D
    Will check quidco.
    will check other.
    will do surveys.
    Hokey Cokey started.
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • Jo_R_2
    Jo_R_2 Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Options
    Today I have:
    • checked online banking: standing order for rent due out Saturday (will prob come out Monday I think though) so need to make sure OH sorts out cash from his account to transfer to mine for that
    Today I will:
    • sort out books/magazines to return to library on one-week loan from last Friday and get some new ones to read - been up to hospital for baby monitoring every day since Sunday and refuse to buy magazines so bringing library ones
    • have a baby - I keep putting this one on the list but it's not getting ticked off for some reason - 15 days later :eek:
    Dealing with my debts!
    Currently overpaying Virgin cc -
    balance Jan 2010 @ 1985.65
    Now @ 703.63
  • andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, too many individual issues to post on, so hugs to those feeling blue, very tired, worried about jobs, crazy with work, annoyance over insurances or illnesses.

Congrats to those who have paid large chunks off debt or bought round world tickets.

Just popping in briefly before attending counselling children course, have been on a course all day and am now going from one to the other!!

Today's things:
    -Been on a course which is part of future plan
    -Picked up some great ideas i can use with my children
    -Got free breakfast, lunch, drinks and afternoon tea.
    -Took some biscuits so i can eat them later instead of buying any tea
    -Off to college in a mo to do next course, also part of big dream
    -Looked for mystery shops
    -Put money in 101 pig
    -Sorted out some more of London plans including a list of what to take
    -Will take bottles of water with me so i don't buy any drinks later
    -Will study in the car when i get there, likely to get there over an hour early but it beats sitting or attempting to drive in rush hour traffic which i hate and uses up more petrol, plus will give me a chance to catch up with more studying!!
    -Have emailed person to sort out one of my very difficult mystery shops!!

Have a great evening everyone.
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Best wishes to all those who feel poorly or fed up, and to Jo who STILL hasn't had that baby! Mine were all early thank goodness!

Not NSD today as car in for MOT and service. It needs some work (not much) done on it and they have just informed me they can't do it till tomorrow :mad: . They have already had it since 8.30 am this morning, and they didn't even look at it till I rang and reminded them this afternoon. I wouldn't mind, but it has been booked in for over a week and they told me that unless it needed something major it would be done today :mad: :mad:

Luckily I can work from home again tomorrow - I do depend on my car though as I live in a rural area where public transport is very minimal, and to get anywhere (unless you just want to go for a country walk which is nice of course), shops, work drs etc you need to drive, as it is miles :eek:

:mad: :mad: :mad: to garages who are supposed to be main dealers and 'experts' and then just don't get on with it!

Still, on the upside, I am saving on petrol I suppose, and I am really lucky I can work at home, or I would be stuck, as it would take me literally hours to get to and from work by bus x2, train and on foot - yes all three would be necessary, each way :eek: .

Other than that, I have:
    Checked online banking - all as expected
    Opened ING account for OH to get the £20 as per Martin's email - I can't open one for me as I already have one :mad: .
    Went round charity shops in town while waiting for very rare bus that stops about half a mile from where I live, and got a few bits and pieces, some books, a new unopened pack of pot pourri and a new dish for the cat to replace the one I broke the other day - he pushes his food off the plate I have been improvising with!
    Went to Mr T. to use my voucher, bought woopsied stewing beef and stew veg that were on offer, so a free meal :D
    HM soup for lunch, and leftovers (actually roast duck, 'leftovers' sounds horrible) plus some kale from the garden for supper
    Seen to animals
    Done a bit of housework, tidied up spare room a bit for friend who is coming to stay for the weekend (at least you can find the bed now :eek: .

Have a nice evening everyone :wave:
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Afternoon fellow DFW's.........

Thank goodness today is nearly over.

Today I have:
    • Daily Clickies
    • Completed two surveys (redeemed some more ££'s into PP a/c)
    • Read my MSE weekly mail and opened ING account to get £20
    • Text OH about the free Alton Towers tickets from the Sun
    • Read newspapers online
    • Free tea, coffee and water from work (ignoring the sirens of the sea - aka Diet Coke machine)
    • Load of fruit leftover from a meeting, so will take the apples for my horse and scoff the rest
    • HM meals today, may even treat myself to a glass of vino later, if I can stay awake long enough
    • Ride horse
    • Walk dog
    • DH has put the washing on and its airing in the garden
    • Read diaries
    • Plan a couple of days off work to try and get on top of the admin at home (its scarily outta control)
    This thread is great and keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Those of you that do surveys, what do you do with the earnings - do you pay it off CCs or use the vouchers for buying gifts so you are not spending on birthdays etc etc......
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • ~Yorkshire_Belle~
    Options
    Hello smaller thingers!
    Hope the appraisal went well SM and the paint fumes are subsiding.
    Everyone seems to have found today a bit hard going it seems. We need a bit of this
    bounce.gifHSwow1.gifpinkie.gif

Feeling a bit moods.gif myself at the moment too.

I got a new toy at work so have spent the day playing which is not technically DFW but at least I haven't spent MY money!
    Cooked tea from left over Sunday stuff and still have some left, most unusual

Off to finish chores and try to sparkle HSstars.gif
    Belle
    x

Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure