🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PayPal question

Options
I've just sold a camera to a guy that wants to pay by Paypal but as he is inPoland he has asked me for my verified PayPal address because as he quotes in his email.

Oh, and one very important think.
Could you send me your VERYFIED PayPal e-mail adress.
I can't use "Pay Now" from eBay, because i need to pay in two instalments (that's because i can't pay more than 150 GBP at one time, so i need to transfer 150 GBP and 81 GBP).

As I'm not a regular ebayer if I do give him my paypal email am I exposing myself to any possible scam/danger on my account.
I checked his purchases on his feedback and he has been buying camera gear but getting this email has me puzzled.
TIA, skippy64 :confused:

Comments

• bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    be careful, you're only covered if the transaction is in ONE payment

read the paypal TOC

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_spp

"Seller Protection Policy"

you're only covered if.........

"The seller accepted a single payment from one PayPal account for the purchase"

i.e. if he were to do a chargeback, you can't claim the full 231 back, only the 150 or the 81

another thing to watch out for is that

paypal won't fully cover a transaction to poland in their seller protection policy

other than that, theres not too much of a worry as he can manually put the auction details into paypal
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • bleugh wrote:
    i.e. if he were to do a chargeback, you can't claim the full 231 back, only the 150 or the 81
    But doesn't that go both ways? If he were to do a chargeback couldn't he only do it for one of the transactions for the item and not both?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport