new policy for listing violations

Options
Oooh, looks like ebay are going to start being no more Mr nice guy about people who persistently breach the selling guidelines.

THis is the best bit:

Making it easy to detect breaches of policy
One of the most important ways we learn about listings that breach our policies is through reports from other Community members. You've told us that the process for reporting suspicious activity has been too cumbersome. So to make it easier for members to send us these reports, in the spring of 2006, every item page will have a "Report this Item" link at the bottom of the page. This link will take you straight to a list of possible reasons why a listing needs to be brought to our attention. It will save you valuable time and help us review the listing more quickly.

The full guidelines are here:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200602.shtml#2006-02-16121747

Soo
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent news. I report a few a week (fakes of items that I have an interest in buying) and the process is a bit of a pain. All I hope is that it does not get abused by sellers trying to get opposing listings removed.
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    rsykes2000 wrote:
    All I hope is that it does not get abused by sellers trying to get opposing listings removed.

This is what concerned me. When it was a bit of a hassle to report, it meant that you would usually have to have a good reason to make the effort to report a listing. Now, with a button on each auction page, there's nothing to deter people from trying to cause trouble if they are so inclined.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bet it will be done on how many reports there has been. If there is only one, I doubt they will check them tbh...
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The reporting procedure is terrible at the moment, sometimes you need to give the seller's ID, other times it's the item number. It makes reporting a violation so awkward I'm sure most people give up!
    I often come across obviously hijacked a/cs with 1 day listings of multiple phones on offer. Time must be of the essence, yet ebay makes you jump through hoops to get a report in.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    I found it incredibly easy reporting a shiller the other day, I don't see what the problem is with the existing system
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure