NHS dentist?

Options
Lady_Fluff
Lady_Fluff Posts: 128 Forumite
Hello!

I've been a very bad Fluff and haven't seen a dentist for 5 years (I used to be fine, but the last time I saw a new dentist, they gave me an anaesthetic and I passed out in the waiting room, and it was generally a horrible, scary experience...). Well, guess what? I now have a hurty tooth :confused: It's not too bad at the mo, but it can only get worse, not better, right?!
I haven't got a dentist... I live in Trehafod in the Rhondda, but I work in Cardiff and my in-laws are in Newport - does anyone know of an NHS dentist within these areas who is taking patients on - and who is good! I'm going away in 4 weeks, and I hope I can be sorted by then, fingers crossed!

Thanks! :o

[edit to say:]
OK, scrap this - managed to find one in Porth! Hurrah! I promise to be a good girl from now on!
Surveys nerd :wave:

Comments

• WishI'dReadSooner
    Options
    I've tried to get on an NHS dentists' list BUT the ones supposedly available will ONLY take people on benefits.
    As I'm not on benefits, been self employed & now living on VERY rapidly decreasing savings & claiming nothing I am NOT eligible for anything.:mad:
    Give it another year or so & I might be eligible.

I resorted to going to Turkey to have badly needed crowns/bridges as I couldn't afford to have it done here. Not that my dentist here wanted to do anything.

I'm now without a dentist here as even a check-up & polish cost me nearly a hundred. IF anyone knows of any dentists Pontypool/Cwmbran that are NHS & will take non benefit patients I'd be grateful.
  • chris_ward
    Options
    You could try the one in Fairwater or the one in Caerleon
    Chris
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lady_Fluff wrote: »
    Hello!

I've been a very bad Fluff and haven't seen a dentist for 5 years (I used to be fine, but the last time I saw a new dentist, they gave me an anaesthetic and I passed out in the waiting room, and it was generally a horrible, scary experience...). Well, guess what? I now have a hurty tooth :confused: It's not too bad at the mo, but it can only get worse, not better, right?!
    I haven't got a dentist... I live in Trehafod in the Rhondda, but I work in Cardiff and my in-laws are in Newport - does anyone know of an NHS dentist within these areas who is taking patients on - and who is good! I'm going away in 4 weeks, and I hope I can be sorted by then, fingers crossed!

Thanks! :o

[edit to say:]
    OK, scrap this - managed to find one in Porth! Hurrah! I promise to be a good girl from now on![/quote
  • ksl44
    ksl44 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    can i second this...i need a dentist in swansea...i only have half a tooth so it is quite essential!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure