Scammed, please help

Options
Sorry about posting, I've tried to avoid asking for help as I know it can be annoying to have these posts constantly crop up, but I have no idea what to do.

I recently made a purchase via Ebay, paying with Paypal, to the sum of £345.

Approx. £20 - £25 came from my Paypal account and the other £320 - £325 was charged to my credit card.

The items didn't arrive despite waiting 2 weeks and numerous emails, so, I performed a chargeback through Paypal.

I eventually received an email stating that I would be receiving a partial refund, I emailed asking why, but have yet to receive a reply.

The amount refunded to my card is only about £130. I have resigned to the fact that the £20 - £25 from my Paypal account is as good as gone but what can I do about the other £200.

Would my credit card refund this as I have heard that Paypal don't allow it (but couldn't stop it if my credit card company did). Can anyone comment on why I have not received the full amount. Any help is greatly appreciated, Ed

Comments

• Try phoning them first, I just sent you a private message with their phone numbers. If that doesn't get you anywhere try your credit card company
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    No idea about the partial refund, but do contact your cc company. I'm certain they can help.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reason for partial will probably be because that was all he had in his account. You will now need to put a claim in through EBay for the balance. This takes ages costs you £15 and details have to be posted or faxed to Germany.

Get on with this as soon as possible.

Also worth contacting your CC Co as suggested.
  • OllieLong
    Options
    Ask your Credit Card Company first about doing a chargeback for the rest of the amount as nearly all of them allow it.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    I have had this where the seller is actually able to send you a partial refund rather than have Paypal on there back. I am about £25-£30 down over 2 transactions because of this & Paypal have said that because the seller has refunded, albiet only partial, it is now out of there hands.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • sedso
    sedso Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Even if you do a chargeback through your credit card Paypal have 30 days to appeal against this, luckily when I charged back for some items which were delivered faulty due to poor packing and Paypal/seller not wanting to know Paypal didn't go through with the appeal but they did actually open the case back up in Paypal.

S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport