When to ask for any oustanding credit on your account?

Options
basmic
basmic Posts: 1,043 Forumite
Between 01/12/08-28/02/09 I used around £324 worth of gas and electricity combined. My direct debit has just gone out my bank, and the payment is showing in Scottish Power.

As things stand tonight, my balance is in credit by around £84. Should I ask for this back? Or should I wait until April?

I'm not desperate for the money, but I'd sooner earn the interest on that £84 than Scottish Power! :D
Everybody is equal; However some are more equal than others.

Comments

• jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're about to have another cold spell so you usage will be going up again. I'm not sure Scottish Power will even let you have the money back, they might tell you you can't have it until your annual review or something. Better to just leave it, you aren't going to earn much interest on £84.
  • basmic
    basmic Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Options
    jd87 wrote: »
    We're about to have another cold spell so you usage will be going up again. I'm not sure Scottish Power will even let you have the money back, they might tell you you can't have it until your annual review or something. Better to just leave it, you aren't going to earn much interest on £84.
    I'll give until my next billing date in April. If it's more or less the same as it is now, then out it comes.

Last time I asked SP for any credit outstanding on my account, they were fine.
    Everybody is equal; However some are more equal than others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure