Unfair Ebay Fees

Options
I was just checking through my bank statement when I found a debit of £40 from ebay which i knew nothing about. I first joined ebay around June last year when I bought my phone but only recently starting selling goods.

I knew all about the listing fees but due to a bogus bidder I had to list my items several times in total I think it was six surely, I was told that I wouldnt have to pay for these fees if I reported this and I did.

I also had about four items listed under my id but which i didn't list again I was informed that they (ebay) were aware of the fraudulant llistings and that i wouldnt be charged

Despite this when I viewed the statement it has all the listing fees for all the listings that I was informed I wouldnt have to pay for now I am just confused

Do you think that i could get a refund for the parts that weren't down to me?

Comments

• superscotsman
    Options
    You won't if you don't ask. Lots of people don't bother so as not to make a fuss, and pay the price as a result. I had a dispute over £17 with a large company recently. I rang them, had a row with a flunky, then rang the superviser and told her: "Look, you might get your £17 but it's going to cost you far more than £17 to collect it." I got my way. Approach ebay, tell them what's going on, and see what happens.
    Small change can often be found under seat cushions.
    Robert A Heinlein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport