Fairfx currency card

Options
this question applies to all currency cards in general, but this is the one i'm looking at. If i load dollars onto the card, will it work in countries other than the us (specifically thailand, laos and vietnam) and what will the charge be for getting out another currency other than usd and will i still get a good exchange rate?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• wr1ght
    wr1ght Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    taken from there f.a.q
    Q. Can I use the FairFX Currency Card in countries where Euros and Dollars are not the local currency? If so what exchange rate would I get? What percentage would I pay in commission and what other fees would apply for each purchase or ATM withdrawal?
    A. The Euro and Dollar FairFX Currency cards can be used anywhere in the world or to spend in any currency wherever there is a MasterCard® acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online or on the telephone. If you were to use the cards in a country where Euros or Dollars are not the local currency, the exchange rate would be the wholesale MasterCard® market rate. FairFX do not take any further commissions or fees when you do this. Accordingly, the FairFX Currency cards represent fantastic value for use in any currency. If you are withdrawing currency at an ATM the standard FairFX fees apply (€1.50, $2.00), some ATM providers charge for using their cash points however they normally inform you of this before you make a withdrawal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure