Picture loan ppi reclaim.

Hi can anyone help? Has anyone else been dealing with Picture?
I took out my consolidation picture loan in 2005 with the dreaded ppi.
After looking at this site i decided to try and reclaim. I sent off the first template letter 2 days ago and have received a reply today! It states that they want me to forward my complaint to the "Financial Services compensation scheme" who will investigate on my behalf. Do i do this or send off the template complaints form to the Financial Ombudsman?
Thanks.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Smallville wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help? Has anyone else been dealing with Picture?
    I took out my consolidation picture loan in 2005 with the dreaded ppi.
    After looking at this site i decided to try and reclaim. I sent off the first template letter 2 days ago and have received a reply today! It states that they want me to forward my complaint to the "Financial Services compensation scheme" who will investigate on my behalf. Do i do this or send off the template complaints form to the Financial Ombudsman?
    Thanks.

Hi there

Yes there are quite a few who have had dealings with these, but unfortunately they have supposed to have stopped trading, where the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) are now dealing with these.

I know the ones who have passed on their cases to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) have now been forwarded on to the FSCS, so your best option right now would be to contact the FSCS here:
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contacts/

They should arrange to send you a form to complete, like you do with the FOS and as soon as its confirmed they have gone into default they look into your case, and if successful they pay this out to you and not the company.

But ring them first, they will go through this with you.

In general when you have a complaint the first letter normally goes to the finance company and they have 8 weeks in full to respond, then if not successful you then take it to the FOS from there.

Hope this has helped you, but please feel free to post up if you require any further help with anything.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Thanks Di thats a great help.
    Will let you know how i get on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business