Golden Number

Options
Hi Folks,

I've just had some Virgin Sims come through and one of them has what looks to me a pretty good number - any idea's on what it's worth and how to sell it.

The number is 0775* 9*7777. The * are the same number.

Comments

• rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Best thing to do is put it on eBay starting at 99p. It will be worth the value of the highest bid. That wasn't meant to sound glib - things are only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for them.
    Look for successful completed auctions in that category as an indicator.
    Can I help?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stick it on as a **GOLD** number in the title, that will help attract attention...
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, but make sure you don't say "L@@K" in there as well..:)
    Can I help?
  • fatboyonadiet
    Options
    Don't hold your breath, I had some gold numbers in the past from sim cards and once got around £30 for 123, recently put on a 666, a 888 and a 999, only managed a few pount each and they were all Virgin sim cards with £5 credit too.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • zeke
    zeke Posts: 461 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with above comments- only the market can decide whats worth what with these. I sold 4 O2 sims last week for £10.50 with what didn't seem particularly interesting numbers. Similar previous ones have gone for a lot less.

As an aside is there anything else apart from L@@K which is really naff? I find the use of "NOT" particularly irritating, e.g. "Robots for PS2 not xbox gamecube pc...."
    Just because you used to be you think everybody else is, don't you?
  • 110frankie
    Options
    it's the "not" that gets right up my nose. Do they not (sorry) think that if we are searching for , say, Timberland, we would be interested in something that is not Timberland - or maybe they know something we don't.
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I get annoyed with VINTAGE when it isn't
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    110frankie wrote:
    it's the "not" that gets right up my nose. Do they not (sorry) think that if we are searching for , say, Timberland, we would be interested in something that is not Timberland - or maybe they know something we don't.

yes or a PS2 console with NOT XBOX 360, like someone who wants a 360 is going to say, oh good idea i'll buy a ps2 instead!
  • finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    zeke wrote:
    As an aside is there anything else apart from L@@K which is really naff? I find the use of "NOT" particularly irritating, e.g. "Robots for PS2 not xbox gamecube pc...."

Doing this is against ebay's rules as it's keyword spamming. If you see any auctions doing this report them. There's nothing worse than doing a search only to find everything that's NOT what you want.
    :smileyhea
  • deutzkiwi
    Options
    rdwarr wrote:
    Best thing to do is put it on eBay starting at 99p. It will be worth the value of the highest bid. That wasn't meant to sound glib - things are only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for them.
    Look for successful completed auctions in that category as an indicator.

Thats exactly right. I sold one recently, and even seeing what else was avalible doesnt tell you much. If it helps, mine (that ended in 400 500) sold for £80.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure