dont lets annoy BOOTS as well

Options

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon King - whilst I see and agree with what you're saying - are you the same person who was recently complaining that Tescos had stopped you using a load of coupons?
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    To throw my unwanted tuppence worth in here ;D

Tesco's H.O. have stated that they're happy to take vouchers (1 per unpurchased product), so in that instance it's not really "ripping off" the company.

Whereas the 800 points from Boots was intended for a specific item purchase.
  • elfmay
    elfmay Posts: 18,716 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear ... was that the 800 points when you spend £15 or more online ... code NVEP72 ??? ???

I just used that to make a purchase ::)  Did I just make a boo boo  :(

just made a note of that code as was about to order the set top box! then found this thread! whats wrong with the code? boots are actually my favourite company at the moment (have nearly £100 in legit points!) would hate to loose them by breaching T&C's! treat my advantage card like a credit card! ::)
    I need someone really bad! Are you really bad?
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    It was advertised in a newspaper as being applicable with a purchase of a specific item (Olay?). It was discovered that it worked without ordering the product.
  • coupon_king_2
    Options
    SPENDLESS... you are right I am the person who had the trouble with tesco and I dont understand what point you are trying to make !

I have ALWAYS found out what any stores shop policy is regarding the use of BRANDED coupons and ALWAYS stay within it i.e 50 % ,20% ,10 % or whatever ..my last 2 shops at tesco went like this.. bought 4 boxes DAZ soap powder ( 50p coupon inside each ) 4 boxes SH/WHEAT ( £2.25 coupons on back of each ) 1 bar of choc ( try me free ) 2 DOVE shampoo( B.O.G.O.F) 4 multi pcks of choc ( 2 free bars in each ) 1 bottle of BAILEYs ( £6 off )1 newspaper TOTAL £29.58 handed in ( 4 DAZ, 9 different S/WHEAT,1 PAPER & 7 various other ) SAVING £9.60 .. I then left store put items in car cut out the coupons from the items I had just purchased  returned to store and did the exact same transaction again using these coupons ( this is with the COMPLETE APPROVAL of the store manager as its within T & C up to value of 50% PER transaction & he does not feel I am ABUSING any coupon ).

The problem I had with tesco was CERTAIN staff take it upon themselves to impose THEIR OWN PERSONAL rules regarding what coupons can be handed in ......... I have also with boots done £100 shop and used the code to obtain (2000 points ) & same day done another £75 using a different code (1000 points ) again checked to see if this is within the T & C of the store ( IT IS !)  ... HOWEVER ...I MYSELF would NEVER dream of following certain suggestions that have been posted on this and other sites ... taking coupons from products you have not purchased , using multipul codes that have not been issued to you ( SAINSBURY ) , putting toe seperators BACK on the shelf so they can be purchased again to obtain EXTRA points , placing codes for points you know you NOT entitled .. this as for as im concerned is breaking the T & C .

All I was trying to point out was the more people who try and obtian the latter the sooner it will stop for all ..... I class myself as a clever shopper who will take advantage of any shops offer  BUT I WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS check & stay within the TERMS & CONDITIONS set out  ..... I can only assume by your question you think I am a pot calling the kettle black ,but I hope I have explained MY PERSONAL opinion & shopping strategy ....HOWEVER if you are of a differing veiw PLEASE let me know !
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well coupon_king you are a smart shopper and I am a stupid one, I will have to sharpen up. I wondered where everyone was getting their coupons from as I never seem to find them I dont think of looking on the packs, just throw them away. You have given me a little bit of education there, Thanks ;):)
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon King- Yes I did want to know why you were mentioning it if you were the same person using the coupons at Tescos.

Are Boots unhappy about the bonus points being used?If so I see your point - if they are happy I personally see no difference between getting extra Boots points or using coupons at Tescos
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    So you are saying that tesco take up to 50% of your order in vouchers. Can't wait for the St Helens one to open in 4 weeks. won't have to keep going to prescott then. ;D
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Are Boots unhappy about the bonus points being used?If so I see your point - if they are happy I personally see no difference between getting extra Boots points or using coupons at Tescos

I think the point coupon_king is trying to make is that if too many people start absusing the system, then boots will start cracking down. Sainsbury's have done, yes it was mostly their own fault but too many people were taking advantage from one obviously identifiable source.
  • coupon_king_2
    Options
    SPENDLESS ... As ADDY pointed out the offer of 800 points was specific to you buying the OLAY at £14.99.

I presume ( apologies if I am wrong ) boots have a lot of this stock to sell and the offer of bonus points was to help do this.. HOWEVER if they suddenly get hundreds or even thousands of orders using this code WITHOUT the product being bought and having to pay 800 points EXTRA I am pretty sure it wont take them long to get miffed ...... On the other hand YOU may be right ..I DONT KNOW boots MAY NOT have an issue with this code being used ( I guess people will just have to make their own minds about using it ) ...I will however not be using it... number 17 in the TERMS & CONDITION of my boots card state " WE CAN TAKE ANY ACTION WE FEEL APPROPRIATE IF YOU ABUSE THE SCHEME " After the SAINSBURY codes were misused words like fraud & deception were being mentioned and my original post was only started out of concern that this did not go the same way.
    If I have unduly worried or  offended ANYONE with my points I am TRULY SORRY as this was not my intention ...... I spend many hours reading this site which I think is GREAT !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure