dont lets annoy BOOTS as well

Options
While I am all for money saving offers at BOOTS with their total spend codes and points offers.

I have noticed a few people advising that you can obtain an extra 800 points at the checkout even though you have not bought the product for which the points were intended ! ....  DO WE REALLY WANT TO GO THERE !!!  ... YOU KNOW you have not purchased the product therefore YOU KNOW you are not entitled to the points.
Having read the now infamous SAINSBURY threads and how that all started its amazing how things spread like wildfire and snowball out of control on this site... we are also aware that many NON - MEMBERS patrol the boards looking to ABUSE any so called loophole ....

Comments

• savingsgirl
    Options
    Have to agree with you here, Boots have been v good to me with all their special offers and points, I would be bereft without them!!
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • thesulkycat
    Options
    yes i agree too - boots are pretty brill as it is points wise, no need to totally abuse the system - world of difference between saving money & bulking up points sensibly, and totally ripping the place off

(we are all sooooo damned sooooper) ::) ;D :o
  • ROCKINGHAM
    Options
    Ditto - lets face it there are ways of amassing loads of legit points at present ;)
  • lauraw78
    Options
    well said, if they stopped there points system due to abuse of the system I would be GUTTED.
    Lets not take the p***
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    Seconded. I get a buzz out of legitimately being awarded loads of Advantage Card Points. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth to think I'd "conned" them out of even more.
  • advantage_card
    Options
    it is easy to bulid up a great stash of legit points with their triple points days and the tokens they send you in the mail for double points, if you are a mental shopper there like me that is.

I dont really get to take advantage of the machine tokens unless someonew with me, but i wont grumble. the last twice ive been over £30 mum's been with me so can get the total spend token with her. i just miss the points on items, but i only use them if i have bought the item, im not one of those who likes to con money out of companies, and if this glorious scheme ended id be soooooooooooooooooooooooo gutted. i admit i buy thigns in boots anyway due to not being able to buy a lot of the big company stuff due to ethical concerns but i would miss me points. i dont go to superdrug because i can never find ownbrands, so id probably be back to !!!!!! supermarkets for me.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear ... was that the 800 points when you spend £15 or more online ... code NVEP72 ??? ???

I just used that to make a purchase ::) Did I just make a boo boo :(
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WELL SAID COUPON KING!!!!!!!!

This site is supposed to be about money saving, not ripping off companies.

I am all for getting something for nothing, but i do know right from wrong and would feel guilty about ripping off anyone, doesn't matter if it is a big company or not.

Wrong is wrong, no matter how you put it.
  • cpjackso
    cpjackso Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    This site is supposed to be about money saving, not ripping off companies.

Do I have to quote Martin?
    Money Saving is about cutting bills not cutting back. It's about being a sassy consumer. Companies try to screw us for profits. Money saving shows you how to screw them back.

I agree that people who abuse the system are wrong (ordering 25 cheap dell PC's and 100 dell printers) but if Boots are silly enough to not be on top of their advantage points system I'll abuse away. I've got a cupboard full of pink toe-thingies - and soon I'll have a cupboard full of 60p soap.

The main reason for my attitude is I used to work in a large national store myself and I know how these places work. The clever members of staff will have hundreds of points.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi cpjackso

I see your point, but I am not sure that Martin meant it as you understand it.

Ah well, that's what makes the world such a fun place to be, all the different opinions and points of view there are.

:P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport