When will my dog stop growing?

Options
I have a tri-colour male border collie. He is 10 months old now. At what age will he be fully grown? Do I need to think about getting a bigger doggy door?

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    He will be virtually the size of an adult by now but will just fill out. My Springer I reckon was the same size at 10 months as he is now (20 months) but noticeably filled out until he was about 18 months old.

I have some friends who have ones of a similar age and they are still quite scrawny so some might take a little longer.

Edit:- He was on puppy food (Beta) until he was 16-18 months old, mainly because he liked it and we had been through a fait few brands prior to that. He was a fussy begger. Now on a mixture of Beta working and Broke (not quite BARF but butchers off cuts).
  • 4Chickens
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    My McPooch ain't scrawny, I reckon he weights 4-5 stone and he's solid muscle. I am 5ft 5in and when he stands on his back legs he can put his front paws on my chest. I reckon you are right, he's going to fill out sideways. So, I will be needing a wider doggy door then.:D
  • provista_2
    Options
    My Border Collie was pretty much full grown by about this age and she now weights approx 17kg and stands 19 inch to her shoulder.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't rush to change it. Just keep an eye on it and if it really becomes an issue then do it. I know what my dogs can het through and its normally a gap that appears smaller than him.
  • snowman2_2
    Options
    A male border collie is pretty much fully grown at 10 months old, maybe a bit of maturing left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure