Vauxhall Owners cheaper insurance?

Hi..

Just thought I would let you know that both my vauxhall car insurance renewals are due shortly and I have followed the advice and searched insuresupermarket.com and confused.com in order to get a cheaper price. On a Vauxhall Corsa with three drivers, one a student, Vauxhall Insurance are at least £250 cheaper than the nearest quote. On a 1.6 Astra, they are £200 cheaper. If you own a Vauxhall or not, may be worth your while giving them a call. 0870 024 0140
ajh

Comments

• IKON
    IKON Posts: 45 Forumite
    ajhaeh wrote:
    Hi..

Just thought I would let you know that both my vauxhall car insurance renewals are due shortly and I have followed the advice and searched insuresupermarket.com and confused.com in order to get a cheaper price. On a Vauxhall Corsa with three drivers, one a student, Vauxhall Insurance are at least £250 cheaper than the nearest quote. On a 1.6 Astra, they are £200 cheaper. If you own a Vauxhall or not, may be worth your while giving them a call. 0870 024 0140
    ajh
    I too own a vauxhall and have always managed to better Vauxhall;s quote.Have you looked at lloyds/Tsb or screentrade.If you go through the greasypalm site you will also recieve £ back (£40 off TSB and £27.50 off screentrade)Another option is Nationwide they will match any quote cheaper than their own and normaly will beat it by a further 10%.As a last resort get your lowest quote and take it back to Vauxhall to see if they will beat it.hope this helps.By the way I managed to save £110 over Vauxhall on last renewal.
    If this post has helped, please feel free to hit the Thank You Button :)
  • ajhaeh
    ajhaeh Posts: 21 Forumite
    Just been on to the web sites you mentioned and alas none of them come anywhere near the Vauxhall Quote. At best Lloyds were £200 more expensive and at worse Screentrade were £900 more expensive. Nationwide were £300 more so for the ease of things, cost & value, I think I'll be better off staying with Vauxhall. Thanks for your advice anyway..
    ajh
  • IKON
    IKON Posts: 45 Forumite
    No Problems Sorry you wernt able to better your quote. I guess due to the number or type of drivers you are insuring this is having an impact on the quote.As I only insure myself, and cant remember last time I needed to claim, a lot more companies are eager to take money for nothing.Anyway glad you have got the best deal you can....:) Ikon
    If this post has helped, please feel free to hit the Thank You Button :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure