Faulty electric guitar.

I have a Line 6 Variax 300 electric guitar. It's a digital guitar and so requires power to operate and emulates the sounds of various famous guitars. However, it is faulty. I got one for Christmas in 2007 and it stopped working completely in January 2008 so I got a replacement. Then in October of 2008 one of the strings was 'dead' (there was no output for that string). The guitar went back to Line 6 who fixed it (took a few weeks). Now the guitar is having the problem again. This time two strings are affected. String changes and re-loading the guitar software does nothing to improve the problem. The guitar is unuseable for recording or gigging.

The guitar is out of warranty and the shop have offered to send it back to Line 6 for repair. Can I request a replacement from Line 6 or do I have to accept a repair every time this happens now that the warranty has run out? I don't want to be losing the guitar for weeks on end every time this happens as it is my main instrument. There is obviously a fault with the electronics if this keeps happening. I look after my guitars so it's not something I'm doing.

Any advice?

Thanks for reading :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family