Parcel Force Faked Signature

Can anyone help!

I recently purchased an MP3 deck from ebay which cost over £400. The items was sent via Parcel Force from the seller. I received the tracking code and when the item was so called delivered nobody was at the property of delivery address.

One calling card was left in the front letter box stating the driver had left the parcel in a black box at the back of the house. Another calling card was left at the back of the house too which when I got home was on the floor on the patio.

and guess what NO PARCEL!

I contacted parcel force who said they would get in touch with the driver, and had no response. Called one week later to be told the seller has to put a claim in.

When the seller has done this they have been sent the original manifest which has a signature on it. It is an impossibility for anyone in the household to have signed for this as all at work.

Then this is the best bit, because my surname is eastern european the driver has now made up a story that a man with a polish accent came up our drive and openned the door and signed for the parcel. This is why the 2 calling cards were still there...

The story is ridiculous.....

All 4 parties who live at the property are British born and do not have any polish accent. Not even polish! and have proof of being at work between hours of 8am till 5-6pm that day. Nobody else has access to this house as this is our family and we only have relatives down south.

Where do I stand?

can anyone help me please.

Thanks

Natalia Woloseckyj

Comments

• fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I had a similar - though not as serious - problem with ParcelForce, and my complaint to them was simply ignored.

The only way I could get any useful response was by raising a complaint with the Postal regulator, which was then called Postwatch. It has since been merged with several similar bodies to become Consumer Focus:

http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk/

If you follow the links on that page it will describe how to raise a formal complaint - but don't expect anything to happen quickly. IIRC it took several months before ParcelForce eventually paid the compensation I was due.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure