Kongs

Options
Hi, my dog has a medium sized kong in which i can fit 2 x markies in but she soon gets them out, what else could it put in it so that it would last a lot longer?

Many thanks
MM

Comments

• nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,I melt peanut butter ( not very healthy - but good as a treat ) in the microwave and mix in crushed dog biscuits,pack the mixture tightly into the kong,pop it into the fridge to set and it'll keep your pooch busy for ages .

if you "google" kong recipies you'll find loads of ideas
  • provista_2
    Options
    I very often mix some crushed dog biscuits with mash potatoes then put a gravy biscuit in the end and freeze it.
    Keeps her happy for hours.
  • minimacka
    Options
    provista wrote: »
    I very often mix some crushed dog biscuits with mash potatoes then put a gravy biscuit in the end and freeze it.
    Keeps her happy for hours.

Thats a really good idea we are always having dinners and we always have left over mash.

Thanks
    MM
  • shoppaholic_returns
    Options
    freeze the kong with some stock in it, my dog adores this! & peanut butter,but it is very high in fat!
  • BB1984
    BB1984 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    Options
    Would a Kong be ok for my cat...?!

BB
    :love:"Live long, laugh often, love much":love:
  • shoppaholic_returns
    Options
    They do kong cats toys now! A dog kong may be too big,maybe a puppy kong though!
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My OH's cat loves mugging Perry for his Kong's..

he retaliates by grabbing his toy mice and running off with them, he's already demolished the catnip mouse, so i have to chase the lil monster and wrestle them off him.

perhaps the puppy kongs for the cat (i have a pink puppy kong that the cat just loves)
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Crossy
    Crossy Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    I buy cheap sandwich paste, i.e. Morrisons beef savers paste, can't remember the price but it is just pennies, much cheaper than the Kong "stuffers" from the pet ship, I also add some dog biscuits as well
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smear dairylea inside as well. Wet dogfood, kibble,bits of chopped chicken, gravey - just about anything really.

One thing for kongs - always buy the next size up, saves you money long term
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure