🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheap North American Internal Flights?

Options
I was wondering if anyone knew of an airline or airlines that provide cheap internal flights within North America.

I've noticed that there's nothing like EasyJet or Jet2Go over here.. All the commercials try to steer you towards services like Expedia or Orbitz for cheap flights, but their prices tend to be the same or more than going directly to the airlines themselves.

Canadian airfares have skyrocketed since JetsGo folded last year. They purposely undercut their competitions' prices and as a result drove airfares down significantly.. Now they've folded, the only cross-country carriers left (I know about) are Air Canada, WestJet and CanJet who seem to peg their prices about the same and don't seem interested in a price war.. CanJet only fly to select cities and WestJet, who started as a 'no frills' budget carrier, are now installing in-flight entertainment and business class sections and increasing their presence with international flights. (With jacked-up prices as a consequence)

As for the rest of North America, I'm not sure but I've not seen anything particularly cheap..

I realise that this is a UK site, but I figure that many people here will holiday in North America, so having this info would be benificial to everyone..

Anyone got any ideas? :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills