Asda changing products for higher price alternatives & charging full price

Hi all,

This seems like a really little thing, and am almost embarassed to post it, but it's really annoying. I had an Asda delivery this evening. Among everything I bought, were 8 x butters. I bought Willow butters because they were only 62p each or something, and we'll be using a lot in the next few weeks.

This evening they arrive, and they've put in 4 x anchor butters and 4 x asda smartprice butters which are all about 86p or something (too lazy to go and get the invoice so if I'm a p or 2 out sorry).

I packed away the butter about 30 minutes after the delivery guy was here so couldn't give them back. I also was out this eve so couldn't phone Asda.

However, on the receipt and on the website, it looks as though I ordered the smartprice butters. I *know* I didn't. When I was adding the butters, I initially ordered 5, and then decided on 3 more, and as I was clicking the + button, the price was going up by 62p per item.

The last time this happened was with corner yogurts when they were 5 for £1. I bought a whole lot of them. When they arrived, they were changed for ordinary yogurts which were still on a special, and coincidentally, the promotion on muller corners ended that day. However, when I go and check my receipt, it looks like I ordered the other yogurts which arrived.

This is bollox, as I *know* for a fact that I ordered the corners. I don't like other yogurts so I definitely ordered those.

It's not a lot of money, but it's just really dishonest that they seem to go and change all paperwork to show that you have ordered something else, instead of showing it as a substitution, and giving you the lower price.

If I've been unclear, sorry. I'll be phoning them tomorrow. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    It sounds like the picked has over-riden the product rather than substituting it.
    The override option should only be used by the picker if they are given you the correct item, but the barcode is different (eg:the willow butter with 25% extra would have a different barcode, but be the right product) so the system will have charged you for what they have scanned (rather than the cheaper which a sub would have done) because it's been over-riden it will show on your bill that's what you ordered to (rather than at the top like subs do). Hope that all makes sense to you.

Btw, if you mention this when you ring and they try & fob you off, I used to be key colleague for a store and know it happens!
  • Yep have this problem loads with asda and its got to point now where i wont use their home delivery service anymore because of it.
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    I have recently started to print off my online order so I can check against the list the driver brings as I too have had some problems
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport