COUTTS Bank - how much to be a customer?

Options

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    He's made such a comment in pretty much every thread, tbh... ;)

...and will continue to so, these greedy useless bankers have wrecked the economy.:mad:
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    ...and will continue to so, these greedy useless bankers have wrecked the economy.:mad:
    ....so have the greedy "useless" natives of this land who can't manage their finances and when everything goes tits up they blame everybody else but them stupid incompetent selves and proceed to steal money from the banks and finance houses via lame and frankly weak loopholes to satisfy their greed.

I await the addendum....;)
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • Inactive
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    ....so have the greedy "useless" natives of this land who can't manage their finances and when everything goes tits up they blame everybody else but them stupid incompetent selves and proceed to steal money from the banks and finance houses via lame and frankly weak loopholes to satisfy their greed.

I await the addendum....;)

No argument with that Proliant, however that is small fry compared to the huge amounts of money wasted by the banks themselves, buying in toxic debts, buying " dead duck " banks etc. etc.

BTW, I have an excellent credit rating, ( unlike some ) I do hope that you were not including me in your listed reasons for the collapse of the economy.;)
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No argument with that Proliant, however that is small fry compared to the huge amounts of money wasted by the banks themselves, buying in toxic debts, buying " dead duck " banks etc. etc.

BTW, I have an excellent credit rating, ( unlike some ) I do hope that you were not including me in your listed reasons for the collapse of the economy.;)
    I wasn't having a dig at you inactive I was just using your post as a forerunner for mine, I believe that their are faults with both parties concerned but something will give eventually and as per usual it will be the normal, everyday honest Joe that picks up the tab.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Some banks lent irresponsibly. Some consumers borrowed irresponsibly.

There's blame on both sides.
  • Inactive
    Options
    Some banks lent irresponsibly. Some consumers borrowed irresponsibly.

There's blame on both sides.

Indeed SS, however the " consumers " could not have borrowed without the agreement of the greedy, irresponsible banks.

So I would lay blame as around 99% banks, 1% consumers.

Oh and not " some " banks, they all did, some far worse than others.

HSBC are now looking for extra funding for it's involvement.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I knew someone years ago who worked in a national off license as a shop assistant who had a Coutts account.
    I think the chain (Victoria wine) may have banked with them.
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed SS, however the " consumers " could not have borrowed without the agreement of the greedy, irresponsible banks.

So I would lay blame as around 99% banks, 1% consumers.

Oh and not " some " banks, they all did, some far worse than others.

HSBC are now looking for extra funding for it's involvement.

But how many thousands of people on here are complaining at not being accepted for huge credit limits, and having existing excessive limits reduced "only allowing £200 headroom" etc!
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options

And the banks wouldn't lend if there was nobody to lend to. You have to ask for a credit facility, it's not forced upon you.
  • Inactive
    Options
    withnell wrote: »
    But how many thousands of people on here are complaining at not being accepted for huge credit limits, and having existing excessive limits reduced "only allowing £200 headroom" etc!

Well I aint one of them, and that is now, not when the banks were throwing money at any Tom, !!!!!! or Harriet, all a bit late now, the horse has bolted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure