Boxes

Options
Hi does anyone know a place to buy new medium size boxes for cheapest?

Thanks

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    It would all depend on what you class as medium, the weight of what you want to put in them and what the item is!

I personally prefer to use rolls of brown parcel paper! Just reuse old boxes of other products that you have bought stuff in - any old household items and wrap these in brown parcel paper or rolls or bubble wrap then rolls of parcel paper!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • cafenervosa_2
    Options
    I am looking at boxes for these heavy dvd box sets, they sometimes can weigh 2kg - 4kg. If any of you have seen the lord of the rings extended trilogy, its not too big but you'd not put that in a jiffy bag.

I have been using old packaging that stuff came in plus ones I get from supermarkets but I am looking at being more professional, so need a good source.
  • hjb123
    Options
    Right, I would maybe still use parcel paper - its alot cheaper than buying boxes! Depending on how many boxes you are wanting you can buy them in places like stationery box or whs or the post office flat packed and you just have to fold them into boxes!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • cafenervosa_2
    Options
    hjb123 wrote:
    Right, I would maybe still use parcel paper - its alot cheaper than buying boxes! Depending on how many boxes you are wanting you can buy them in places like stationery box or whs or the post office flat packed and you just have to fold them into boxes!

Thanks for the advice. Where is a good place to get brown parcel paper cheap then?
  • hjb123
    Options
    Stationery box or even a poundland or home bargains store - get a roll of brown parcel tape to seal it with! You can always roll the parcel paper round more than once for extra security anyway!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • cafenervosa_2
    Options
    hjb123 wrote:
    Stationery box or even a poundland or home bargains store - get a roll of brown parcel tape to seal it with! You can always roll the parcel paper round more than once for extra security anyway!

Thanks, I will take a look at those places in town cheers!
  • hjb123
    Options
    Thats okay! I know from experience what a hassle it is finding good packaging for things - I once decided to sell some big things and wrapped them in brown parcel paper and do anything that doesnt fit in cheap jiffy envelopes!!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been to Hobby Craft, they sell templates for boxes so if you use a lot it might be worthwhile buying one.
    Bulletproof
  • monkeyspanner
    Options
    Round the country there are loads of scrapstores and play resource centres to which companies donate surplus. Its worth checking if you have one locally as I have found these a cheap source of packing material including boxes and packing paper. Also have a look in stores like Staples its often cheaper to buy boxes with stock in them than buy the empty packing boxes. Your local council recycling depot is a good source of cardboard when the weather is dry and if you can make friends with the attendants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure