HELP!! Looking for an old post on accomodation in Bangkok

Options
Some time ago (maybe even a year ago) there was a post from someone requesting accomidation in Bangkok (I'm aware there have been many such posts!!)

I posted on this post, re my suggestions. Someone else posted their suggestions, including budget accomodation with a rooftop swimming pool. I've spent a good hour searching for this post, but for the life of my cannot find it.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm talking about.

I would really, really, really, really appriciate it if someone could shed any light on this.

Thanks
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    Options
    Hmmm, I've just wasted some time looking as well. Have you tried looking through all your old posts? - you would probably recognise the name of the thread, I guess.........
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm, I've just wasted some time looking as well. Have you tried looking through all your old posts? - you would probably recognise the name of the thread, I guess.........

Its only the most recent 500 posts that are stored, so no joy there!
  • Chris_Corbett
    Options
    My guess is the accomadation you referred to as Budget with rooftop pool is Buddy Lodge in Khao San Road, if thats what you were looking for out of the old post.

A reliable place to book this is at i-escape.com (same price as going direct) but more convienient.
  • pin
    Options
    Thanks for your help, however I know it wasn't on the Khao San and it wasn't Buddy Lodge.
  • paws_3
    paws_3 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this helps but the Asia Hotel is very cheap and although old, very clean. They have a swimming pool and it is right on the MRT line, or 5 mins walk to MBK shopping centre.
    Hope this helps x
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • lisahobden
    Options
    We stayed in the Amari Boulevard in Bangkok a few years ago, was really reasonable and had a beautiful rooftop swimming pool.

We went room only and found cafes for breakfast. It's a bit out of th ecentre but taxis are cheap and plentiful

hth

Lisa
  • pin
    Options
    Sorry guys, they are not the hotels I'm thinking off. Been to the Asia hotel, its OK, but I think there are better for the same price. Amari is a pretty nice hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport