Options
2»

Comments

• pin
    pin Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    codetown wrote:
    I used it again and it is charging me consistently 0.5 pence a minute to any UK landline number. the same applies to many other users (see VoipBuster forum, where lots of users of VB and VoipCheap report their problems).

The really bad thing is that Finarea will not tell why there are charges on numbers advertised as free and who are the 'unlucky' people.

A theory is that you might have an allocated amount of max free hours and then you are switched to a paid-for (non advertised) tariff.
    But is this legal? I think absolutely not and I think this should be made clear to the user! People should at least know when their calls are not free and why!!!

Voip Cheap have a Fair Use policy (don't know if this is new or old), basically meaning they can charge you if you are in breach of the policy.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • codetown
    codetown Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Pin,
    the problem is that whatever policy you have in place, to avoid discrimination you should disclose what are the criteria used for the policy, as these are totally unclear.

As an example: I have made in total not more than 20 minutes of calls to UK numbers in the last two months and yet I have to pay 0.5 pence a minute for the service. Some other people have done 20+ hours of calls to UK landline in the same period and they get still free calls. This is the discriminatory part.

I think VoiceCheap and all sister companies should really make clear what are the terms for everyone! Not only this will allow you to understand what are the fair-use policies, but also will allow you to regulate your consumption accordingly if necessary
    (as done for some capped Internet provider; but in that case you DO get told the amount of data you can use in a month...; here it is all a mistery).
  • svkhtn
    svkhtn Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I just noticed my sipdiscount and found that from 12/02/04 it starts charging if I use more than a certain amount of minutes for a day (approx. 2hrs).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure