dvd/divx player ?32 delivered /uk

Options
Branded as skyworth, looks ok from WHSMITH

[url][/url]http://!!!!!!.com/7xvnh

Anybody have this? if so, is it any good?

Comments

• freeak
    freeak Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Its a rebadged yamada 6600

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=223&Thread=365432&Page=1&Type=1

check the link for more info about the player.

It can play Xvid's as well and is multi region
    Picture quality is meant to be good.
  • freeak
    Options
    Buying one today ;D
  • scumgrinder
    Options
    Buying one today ;D

I bought one of these they deliver free if you will pick it up at your local wh smiths!
  • borgman
    borgman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ordered one earlier now they have sent an email to say they are out of stock?
    i wonder if i could get that price in-store because i saw one earlier but it was £39.99?
  • borgman
    borgman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    price onlline (£29.99) won't be honoured in the store (£39.99) even though they have loads of them ???
  • freeak
    Options
    price onlline (£29.99) won't be honoured in the store (£39.99) even though they have loads of them ???

I have had the same problem, except in my local store they are £49.99. I dont see how they can not supply me with one if they have loads in store and the DVD player is on the front screen for the whsmith website!
  • doubledark
    Options
    Just ordered 2, they look like very decent players for the money. WHSmith only charged 1.99 del for both boxes as well ;D
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    After seeing an assistant in my local branch and asking if they can match the online price (they were marked up as £39.99) he said they are a totally different company but will go and get the manager.

The manager asked if I wanted 1, I said 2 actually and he said no problem and also threw in a free album and photoframe set worth £14.99.

There must of been a 10% off offfer running at the time as he made a point of mentioning that I would'nt be getting that off as well - which was no problem as I was already £35 up on the asking prices!

I have never had such polite and helpfull service and top marks to them!

To finalise - managers discretion.

Cheers
  • scumgrinder
    Options

Trading standards are dealing with this, I reported this yesterday. looks positive as they were very interested.
  • freeak
    Options
    Just heard back from whsmiths and they are getting more online stock in today and should receive the player next week. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure