🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scottish Power - How Long Is The Contract For ?

Options
Hi - worse thng we ever done was switch to SP - started off at 98.00 for gas & electricity last Septemeber - then December they sent letter putting it up to 123.00 then yesterday another letter saying they are increasing it again March 7th to 168.00 - what is going on ! I was with npower & BG before and paid them 68.00 and 52. a month and was always in credit come the end of the year by at least 200 with both - I thought being on a fixed rate until July 09 would mean it wouldn't be charged at the higher rate but it must be - I know the prices have gone up but this is an outrage - tried caling them but they are always experiencing high level of calls and they cut you off - I wonder why ! I have checked my documents we signed and cannot see anything regarding contract period - is there one ? if so does anyone know how long it is for and what they charge to come out early - I have got to get away from them this is daylight robbery :mad:

Comments

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    Check their website - they have details of previous products there:

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/Home_Energy/Product_Prices/Previous_Products/

If it's the Fixed Price 2009, there is a penalty.
  • Greenr
    Greenr Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    I completed an application online to switch to scottish power two days ago but after reading a few threads on here, i'm beginning to worry!! can anyone tell me if the economy 7 'no thrills' tariff is a contract tariff? also, i can't seem to find a telephone number for scottish power on their website - does anyone know the number?? thanks
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    I take it you mean 'no frills'?! The terms and conditions of current products are at the back of the pricing 'booklets' on the wesite. Probably no penalty if it's the standard tariff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport