🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2 Ebay accounts? with 1 Paypal account?

Options
I've been using Ebay and Paypal for a while but have mainly sold junk from around the house.

I am now thinking of buying stuff on Ebay to sell on Ebay. Can I use 2 Ebay accounts for this? One to buy with, one to sell with.

Does Ebay allow this?

Could I link them both Ebay account to the samePaypal account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    Yes, it's allowed, provided the 2 don't interact (e.g. bidding on your own stuff) and you don't use extra accounts to get round suspension or anything naughty like that.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,350 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The answer to all your questions is yes. :money:

You can have as many ebay id's as you want as long as they all have different email addresses and associated bank details, so as long as you have more than one bank account you are fine. Your existing paypal account can also be set up to run with two ebay id's just add the new email address as a user and Bobs your uncle.

Obviously all the usual warnings about not using one account to bid on the other apply, but otherwise no problems at all.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Flashfly
    Flashfly Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Superb!...guess what I'm off to do just as soon as I finish this pos.....
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    You can do that but why dont you use the same ebay account for both buying and selling? Your feedback would get higher faster? Or am I missing something somewhere?
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • OllieLong
    Options
    By having two accounts you can buy on one and then sell on the other without potential buyers knowing how much you paid for an item.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Right but how many people are going to go through all your previous items to find out if you bought that item on ebay previously and how much you bought it for?

I would just have one account and be done with it. The feedback gets higher faster too!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • sedso
    sedso Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    I have only one account for both buying and selling and no one has ever quizzed me on it.
  • HOLsale
    HOLsale Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    OllieLong wrote:
    By having two accounts you can buy on one and then sell on the other without potential buyers knowing how much you paid for an item.

you can also leave negative feedback with less worry!

i primarily sell on the account with 400+ feedback and only buy on the newer one

keeps my private life private, allows me to buy poorly marketed items and resell for better rates and as mentioned, if some one is horrible or doesn't deliver i can neg them without fear of it ruining my business!

oh, you don't have to have two seperate bank accounts either

we only have one bank account and both ebay id's use the paypal account with that one account

however you DO need two different email addresses (not difficult) and you must add the new email address to your paypal account very simple
    founder of Frugal Genius UK (Yahoo Groups)
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    hjb123 wrote:
    Right but how many people are going to go through all your previous items to find out if you bought that item on ebay previously and how much you bought it for?

If you buy a lot of things from the same seller/sellers, which you then sell on, all it takes is for one competitor to come along and spot what your doing, and you've suddenly not only got competition (i.e reduced sales) but you're also more than likely going to have to put your prices down (even less profit).
  • Flashfly
    Options
    All this info has been great. My long standing EBay account has a feedback score of around 300 with only one neg. I was looking to use the new one to buy with and the existing one to sell with.

As was stated, I don't want people knowing that I buy things for a cheaper price than the B.I.N price I'm selling at!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport