PPI on loan... Not sure?

Options
Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help as i am not sure if i am paying ppi on a loan i have with HSBC.

I got the loan out four years ago now, and i think i have found a copy of the original agreement for the loan but it just shows me how much the loan is for and my agreed monthly payments.

With my credit cards i can clearly see now that they included ppi, but with my loan i am unsure. I don't remember PPI even being mentioned but then it was a long time ago now and i was pregnant at the time! So my memory was probably a bit fuzzy!

How can find out for sure whether the loan had ppi added to it? As if it does i really would like to try and claim it back.

Cheers for you help! :A
LBM November 2008
DMP starts March 2009
Capital One £500, MBNA £3600, HSBC Loan £3500
CitiFinancial £6000 :eek:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    buzzybee05 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help as i am not sure if i am paying ppi on a loan i have with HSBC.

I got the loan out four years ago now, and i think i have found a copy of the original agreement for the loan but it just shows me how much the loan is for and my agreed monthly payments.

With my credit cards i can clearly see now that they included ppi, but with my loan i am unsure. I don't remember PPI even being mentioned but then it was a long time ago now and i was pregnant at the time! So my memory was probably a bit fuzzy!

How can find out for sure whether the loan had ppi added to it? As if it does i really would like to try and claim it back.

Cheers for you help! :A

Hello there

So on your agreement there is no mention of PPI from what you can see of it?

You could email or ring just to ask them, just tell them your curious about this, or you could request a Subject Access request as an option, you will find the SAR letter template on the thread with details.

Let us know if you want a help with anything, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • buzzybee05
    Options
    Thanks Di! I'll take a look at it again, i'm not even sure if it's the whole agreement! If not i'll use the SAR template :)
    LBM November 2008
    DMP starts March 2009
    Capital One £500, MBNA £3600, HSBC Loan £3500
    CitiFinancial £6000 :eek:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    buzzybee05 wrote: »
    Thanks Di! I'll take a look at it again, i'm not even sure if it's the whole agreement! If not i'll use the SAR template :)

Hi hun
    Not a problem

When you say your not sure if its the whole agreement, on the agreement you should have the amount of loan, the ppi if added, details of APR and so on and your personal details etc and are there any signatures on this, of what you do have?

If not this may not well be the full agreement you have, if this is the case you can request copy of the executed agreement under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974, you will need to enclose a payment of £1 postal order or cheque payment, you should receive this within 12 days of request.

This is a far cheaper option, if you think that is not the agreement maybe its worth your while just requesting this first and concentrate on the SAR later if required.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport