🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Last Minute Florida Advice Please

Options
Hi guys

Brother in law wants to book a holiday to Florida departing 14th April 2006 and I've been invited as well now :j.

Anyway he is quite fussy when it comes to accom so he wants to get a villa.

Best price we've found for 4 adult and 2 kids (12 & 15 y/o) is £3400 with Airtours and Platiunm Insurance on a 7 seater.

I looked at over car hire places but nothing better than £364 for the 7 seater with platinum insurance as 3 of us may drive.

Can anyone find us a better price from London airports.

Also may consider going end of may (coincide with school holiday) anyone know wot the weather will be like then? how busy etc

Comments

• jayne26
    jayne26 Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    love end of may go each year for these weeks 90 temp and no rain loverly. look at price s on expedia for better flights that airtours get car off autoeurope i find them the cheapest.
  • jayne26
    Options
    my mate has timeshare at cyress point by disney massive condos but can be booked direct ,loverly accomadation and pool gym ect handy for parks ,
  • wackojackouk
    Options
    jayne26 wrote:
    love end of may go each year for these weeks 90 temp and no rain loverly. look at price s on expedia for better flights that airtours get car off autoeurope i find them the cheapest.

How busy are the parks etc.

Can you send me some links please
  • jayne26
    Options
    yanky kids not broken up normaly then so not bad , you will get used to doing the florida shuffle in q s but its not so bad , just take a day off every few days to lie by pool and chill or drive to beach 1 or 3 hours depending which side you choose, we go in may always for cheapish flights , lowest 89 quid i kid you not book car seperate , , fill the fridge with nice food and wine beer and enjoy,
  • jayne26
    Options
    april will be good weather as well , it was 78 at crimbo so will be nice by april
    dont know how to do links thingy, sunterra cyrpruss point , 3 bedrooms washer dryer 3 baths and bogs huge whirlpool bath in bedroom massive tvs in all rooms outside eating area , and walkable to few bars if you want to drink and walk back, loads of villas in florida shouldnt be a problem getting one , youll love it
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    jayne26 wrote:
    , it was 78 at crimbo so will be nice by april

There is to be a hard frost tomorrow night.

Don't forget April 14th is Good Friday loads of Brits out there and flights expensive.
  • wackojackouk
    Options
    Cardew wrote:
    There is to be a hard frost tomorrow night.

Don't forget April 14th is Good Friday loads of Brits out there and flights expensive.

Yeah don't I know it about the prices but brother in law kids off school so not much choice.

Slightly cheaper flights on 13th.

Any advice on flights?

United Airlines or US Airlines?
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Any advice on flights?

United Airlines or US Airlines?

I've not flown on either , but you can read people's opinions on them HERE
    Same old same old since 2008

• chudies
    chudies Posts: 262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    found them helpful when i booked
    NOT helpful when the rental company they booked me with messed up the car
    will never use again! plus the autoeurope person i was speaking to put the phone down on me! phoned her back, no customer services!!!
    :grouphug: Lets hug!! :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family