🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£100 cash offer Alliance and Leicester

Options
I'm currently thinking of switching my bank account over to the A & L current account which offers you £100 if you pay in £500 a month and swap over your direct debits. Is there any catch to this? Do you have to keep a minimum amount in the account over the month?

Comments

• vbrindle
    Options
    Nobody has replied, so I will.

As far as I know the only conditions to get the £100 is to both transfer the direct debits and standing orders over using their switching service and put at least £500 in a month.

Seeing as you can get an overdraft with them too I don't think it matters what the minumum balance is as long as it's within the agreed limit.

Unfortunately my overdraft doesn't match the one I have with nationwide so I'll be keeping both open for the time being and transferring the money from NW to A&L each month.
  • mintedmatty
    Options
    Ive read on here how A+L arent up to scratch? but i have to say in my experience so far ( I switched in Sept) they have been quite good, the £100 came on time, I had a wee issue on a £25 o/d fee but that was refunded, the only issue i have with them is the internet banking is cack! balances not updated etc. apart fom that im pretty happy with them.

Dont get me wrong I will be looking at the best account come september to switch to!!!!
    Millionaire in Training
    Mortgage: £27,535 (49% paid) Aim £25,000 by December 2015
    New House Mortgage £197,836 (4% Paid) Aim £194,000 by December 2015

#153 Save 12k in 2015 Challenge: £15,697£12,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts