Put in 2 cheques in natwest at once - does it show up as 1 item on statement?

Options
Hi,
If i put in 2 cheques in natwest at once - does it show up as 1 item on statement?

going through my records, can't find an invoice for acertain amount, but 2 invoices (that aren't there) add up to the amount shown. do you know if natwest adds them up and puts them as one if its put in on the same day?

thanks

Comments

• Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suspect they're the same as Halifax .... who usually itemise separately - but will sometimes combine. In the latter case - they normally ask, if you're at the counter.

I used to take in 5/6 Prem Bond cheques (never more than £50 !) a month .... and they often welded them into a combined credit.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    RBS seem to itemise together.

If i put in a cheque for £100 and cash for £50 at the same time it shows as a teller transaction of £150
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    They would go together unless you paid them in on diffferent credits
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    Suspect they're the same as Halifax .... who usually itemise separately - but will sometimes combine. In the latter case - they normally ask, if you're at the counter.

I used to take in 5/6 Prem Bond cheques (never more than £50 !) a month .... and they often welded them into a combined credit.

Halifax normally only combine if you're doing over three things in total, so when you took in your premium bonds, combining them all into one is easier for the cashier.
    LilacPixie wrote: »
    RBS seem to itemise together.

If i put in a cheque for £100 and cash for £50 at the same time it shows as a teller transaction of £150

That seems very odd to me! A cheque will take a few days to clear, but the cash will be available instantly, so you won't be able to look at your statement and easily see how much you have available.
  • Lansdowne
    Options
    The teller will key it in as £100 cheque and £50 cash, so the whole balance appears on your statement but the cheque won't be included in the 'cleared balance'.
  • Twister84
    Options
    rb10 wrote: »
    A cheque will take a few days to clear, but the cash will be available instantly, so you won't be able to look at your statement and easily see how much you have available.

With RBS, if you put cash and cheque in together, in one transaction, the money does not go in straight away. Let the cashier know if you require the cash immediately.

I normally ask the customer what they want to do, or tell them what will happen with the cash - even if they just give me one paying in slip :)
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • mimmi_2
    Options
    yes, it shows as one amount- happened to me about 4 weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure