🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

holidays suitable for wheelchair users

Options
My father wants to take my mother away for her birthday in March the only problem is that he is in a wheelchair. He would like to go somewhere warm, suitable for wheelchair users and not too lively - they are both in their late 60s so dont want to be partying with the youngsters. Anyone have any ideas what would be the most suitable destination and hotel. I'm not too sure of budget but he has said he doesn't want self catering as he wants a break for both of them.

Comments

• sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at the Son Matias Beach in Palma Nova Mallorca.
    My mom goes there all the time there are plenty of drop pavements and the area around the hotel is very flat. The hotel is adults only so no chance of screaming kids. It caters for the 50+ market.
    She hires an electric scooter while she's there and the hotel room are big enough to take them. Terry from Desperadoes even delivers it too the hotel and collect it
    In March it wont be too expensive (if its available).
    There are 3 ways of booking it either with https://www.portland-direct.co.uk the Thomsons main site or flight and Thomsons hotel only section which his the way I nearly always book moms.
    My mom like to tie the hotel in with BmiBaby flight because she says the airport assistance is much better with them than with Thomsons flights. But that is from Birmingham not sure where your parents would be flying from.
    Late Feb its around 230 pp from London and then I can find it early April for around 350pp
    https://www.matiasbeach.com my moms on there she been so many times (under news)
    Let me know either by posting or PM if you want any more information either on the hotel or anything else
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • GRIGGSY
    GRIGGSY Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for these. I have spoken to my dad and he is quite interested in Palma Nova as he likes the idea of going somewhere where someone else has been. All i have to do now is get him a good deal!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport