HSBC Current Account Advance - Will a CCJ decline you?

Options
Hi All

I have a CCJ for £300 which was issued in Feb last year and settled in May last year. I have other credit accounts on my credit file which are all upto date.

Does anybody know if HSBC are lenient with paid CCJs as other banks like the Hlaifax refuse straight off?

Thanks

Comments

• KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    I think that banks nowadays see that a ccj is a ccj irrespective of wether it has been settled or not
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well 2 defaults declined me for one.

You have one thing going for you and that is is settled. Has the CRA's been notified that you have paid this?

If they have then give it a go, you will most likely get an instant decision. Good Luck.
  • Scousebird_2
    Options
    You may not get a full current account but a Basic Bank Account you may get-it has a cashcard and you can have wages paid in and use any ATM and pay standing orders and direct debits.
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
  • DanDan123
    Options
    I have a settled CCJ and got a plus account from HSBC in December last year. Also gave me £200 o/d and Cheque Guarentee card.
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    DanDan123 wrote: »
    I have a settled CCJ and got a plus account from HSBC in December last year. Also gave me £200 o/d and Cheque Guarentee card.

weird, thats the exact same o/d etc they gave me when I opened mine in Dec as well. Must have been a promotion or something where they gave accounts out - lol, dunno!

I thought i'd have been declined, personally.....
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure