We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Redundancy and SMP
greenflamingo_2
Posts: 128 Forumite
Hi everyone
I am currently on SMP (after being made redundant) - do I sign on as unemployed at the Job Centre now or do I wait until the SMP has finished?
Is there anything else I need to do when made redundant as I have had no advice at all from my ex employer and dont even know what the position is regarding my pension (pse see my earlier posting re. cheated out of holiday pay and pension benefits) ?
I am currently on SMP (after being made redundant) - do I sign on as unemployed at the Job Centre now or do I wait until the SMP has finished?
Is there anything else I need to do when made redundant as I have had no advice at all from my ex employer and dont even know what the position is regarding my pension (pse see my earlier posting re. cheated out of holiday pay and pension benefits) ?
0
Comments
-
It really depends when your SMP runs out and what you plan to do, you don't say whether you have a partner? Do you plan on looking for alternative work? Have you worked for an employer from April 06- April 08? If so and you are actively seeking and available for work you will be entitled to Contribution based JSA payable at £60.50 per week, anything else will be dependant on your household income."You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
