I was naked on TV!!!! Blog Discussion

This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martin's 'I was naked on TV!!!!' blog that you can read here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I am often baffled by abbreviations.:o It's taken me a while to work it out.......so for the benefit of any other baffled members.....MSG is an abbreviation for MoneySavingGirlfriend..........I think.;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • cymro1170
    cymro1170 Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Martin also needs to breathe when he's on TV!
    And stop staring at the Autocue so much
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I dont use auto-cue - if you were watching yesterday - i was unscripted and doing it straight to camera!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    well yesterday was the first time i'd caught you on the richard hammond show, and whilst i was slightly bemused by the fact that your infamous go-faster stripes were going the 'wrong' way, the polo shirt did not strike me as odd.

and you have nice arms by the way...so you can stop feeling naked now :D :rotfl:
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • cymro1170
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    I dont use auto-cue - if you were watching yesterday - i was unscripted and doing it straight to camera!

Don't you?

It looked like you were reading when you were giving out your tips
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Nope i had nothing there, was just trying to phrase it as well as i could - there's a lot to rememebr in that time. I have used auto-cue before but on 5 o'clock show only richard and mel get it :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • MACacd
    MACacd Posts: 111 Forumite
    Martin, With you no hob'knobbing with Richard Hammond are we likely to be seeing you on Top Gear any time soon?
    Wales will be disregarded until given a place in "its a small world"
  • cymro1170
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MACacd wrote:
    Martin, With you no hob'knobbing with Richard Hammond are we likely to be seeing you on Top Gear any time soon?

That would be quite fun...

Seeing you do the fastest lap whilst giving out money saving tips
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    See if you can become one of the fastest celebrities!!! Go Martin!

Maybe its time to change your signature:"Note 10 Feb 2005: I'm afraid my RSI is back so i will be typing and replying much less again. "
  • zar
    zar Posts: 284 Forumite
    It was the first time I've seen Martin on TV as well (as far as I can remember) but I was still surprised by the top given past comments on here about the "uniform"! It must be off-putting when you're trying to be the UK's only (or not) professional moneysaving expert whilst knowing that your fans are only interested in scrutinising which way up your stripes are. :rotfl:
    :shhh: There's somewhere you can go and get books to read... for free!
    :coffee: Rediscover your local library! _party_
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport