70.00 Cashback for Dual Fuel Switch to BG

Options
http://www.quidco.com/british-gas/

Cashback Kings and TCB ( Worth 77.00 for anyone on TCB 110% rate) will both match the 70.00 rate upon a HCP claim following tracking of the transaction.

Id be interested to hear which tariff the constant switchers switch to being as Websaver 1 has cancellation penalties.

Comments

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    Not enough incentive to move back there yet. I'm holding out for at least £80 before venturing back, lol. Like BLF hinted at, if you are a serial switcher for cashback purposes, AVOID Websaver1 (it will probably be Websaver 2 or 3 by the time the switch is completed, lol). It would have to be standard tariff and be there as short a time as possible, I suppose. IMO £70 shows they are getting desparate again...but not enough for me be tempted.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Out of interest,BLF and carmine(I'm aware your both serial switchers), what are you prefered switches, I'm currently with BG click6 duel fuel, and have signed up to switch to eon V12(£70 cashback with quidco).

Scottish power seem to have cancellation fees and I would prefer to avoid Npower.

What's your advice for a wannabe serial switcher.
    Sealed pot challenge no 582
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Isn't the aim of a serial switcher to switch as quickly as possible and maximise the profit gained from the backhanders?

In that respect, it probably doesn't matter too much which tariff is chosen (so long as there are no exit penalties). If you want to maximise savings, choose the lowest tariff that a comparison site recommends for your situation and the supplier you intend to switch to.

For those that are not prepared to be serial switchers, I wouldn't recommend the lure of a backhander to tempt you to any specific supplier. Use the comparison sites to decide which supplier offers you the best deal. See any cashback offered as a bit of extra bunce, not the reason to switch.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    That's about the gist of it, Premier. You have to try and land on the cheapest tariff they do that doesn't tie you in for any length of time. have to say, it's getting harder to do nowadays as the suppliers are bringing out more and more tariffs that have exit fees etc. To be honest, whilst the cash is very welcome, my primary motive isn't necessarily financial (I have a not inconsiderable DD set up to nspcc and I like to think the energy companies are paying for it, lol), but rather to 'strike back' even in some small way at these rip-off merchants and to show the ludicrous system we have at the moment for the silly sham it is.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    currently with BG click6 duel fuel, and have signed up to switch to eon V12(£70 cashback with quidco).

Scottish power seem to have cancellation fees and I would prefer to avoid Npower.

quote]

Im currently on my way to E.O.N from SP via TCB who matched Quidco 70.00 via a claim +are paying me xtra 4%, ive never encountered SP having Cancellation fees on variable rate tariffs. :confused: I avoid Npower as well partly due to low cashback rates:eek: and partly due to apparent high energy charges ( exc yearly loyalty reduction ( or whatever they call it :o )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure