Advice please

Options
Almost two years ago I spilt up with my ex she stayed in the house owed by both of us shortly after she moved her new boyfriend in. When we were together we both worked and could both easierly afford the Mortgage and loans. She gave her job up and she and her boyfriend expected me to pay the lot for them to live there for free.
To cut a long story short I couldnt and wanted to sell the house so she took out an injunction to stop me from going to the house.
Evently Blemain Finance took the house back my ex posted her keys back to them just before there were going to take us to court.
Three months before Blemain valued the house at £82,000 and a year before for £95,000 they put the house on the market for £59,000. I phoned them to ask why so little but by this time it had already sold in less than a week me and my ex had it valued at £125,000 six months earlier I pointed this all out to them and was told they would look into the earlier valuations and that the £59,000 was an independant valuation which they said theywould send me prove of (still not recivied) I also said to them that if the house was only worth £59,000 then they shouldnt have lent us the First secured loan.
Soon after Blemain was saying that after the mortgage was paid off there was still £45281 owing on the secured loan and I also owed Welcome £11086.
My ex went bankrupt and left me with the whole debt I didnt want to go bankrupt so took an IVA out
Back in March/April 2008 Blemain turned up to the creditors meeting still saying I owed £45281 I also had to add my credit card which was upto date with payments to the IVA the IVA was accepted.
Back in November I started having difficulties in meeting the payments having already wrote to blemain asking for prove of valuation and a break down of charges and not having a reply I wrote again I still havent had a reply but they have told the IVA nominee that it is only £9000 that I owe not £45,000.
I would never have took the IVA out had I had known this the IVA has seriously affect my business not being able to get credit and has ment that me and my girlfriend Clare cant get our own house and have to live with my parents.
What are my options now? Is there anyway of improving my credit rating? Should I seek Legal advice as I feel that this was unfair and as ruined my life and business?

Thanks

Martin

Comments

• spenderblender
    Options
    I would seek advice from a solicitor. You will still have problems with creditors though because it will still be on your file unless you can get this sorted also.
    Good luck. I hope you get some more advice from the great people on here.
    :rolleyes: Money Talks ...
    but all mine ever says is Goodbye! :rolleyes:
  • magiciansgirl
    Options
    Hi, what a horrible time you've had. There are very good leaflets on the FLA website which might help you about sub-prime loans/mortgages. If you took the Blemain Loan out via a broker they pay have paid the broker a hidden commission which you could claim back; you can send a Subject Access Request (ask for the underwriting sheet too) to the broker, and I would recommend that you send one to Blemain too. Send recorded delivery and keep proof of postage.

I also recommend the Consumer Action Group website where there are several threads on Bloody Blemain. They are beasts. If all seems too much for you to deal with directly you could look at givememymoney!.co.uk who can help uncover secret commissions, missold PPI. They charge 25% on the amount recovered if they win. Please note; I have no connection with them, I have just done some research and decided against using them myself, but I think they probably can be effective. Good luck and do fight Blemain. Lots of help here and on the CAG site.
    Magiciansgirl
  • magiciansgirl
    Options
    Hi, wondered how you are doing now. Found out something about my loan with Blemain which might be useful to you. Although I didn't want or need buildings insurance they took it out anyway and are trying to charge me for it. I am fighting this, but see that they have insured my property at PRECISELY the amount it is worth. Do you know if they also insured yours? If so, and it was for the real value then I think you would have a case against them for underselling your house in order to say you still owed them money. The firm of insurance brokers they use are Stanmore in Manchester and if you sent them a Subject Access Request they would legally have to tell you how much the building was insured for.
    Magiciansgirl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport