Free SAT KS1 websites

Options

Comments

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    learn direct has a superb game about the land of legula, i went through this with my 7 year old daughter (we're home educating) and i found some of the answers required me to think a bit too!

game where did the river go couk (slash) final (slash) index h t m l

(sorry it won't let me post links yet, when does that stop?)
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    another site i highly recommend is the goodwill community foundation

it's very simplified learning, i think perhaps for slow adult learners, those needing to brush up on skills and perhaps non native english speakers or those new to the country (it's USA based but most things work just fine for the UK)

i've found the everyday living section a big hit with my 7 year old and indeed the graphics and games are very well done. you can also do simplified maths and it will even teach you how to use firefox or facebook!

well worth a look for anyone with kids between 5-12 i'd say

gcflearnfree dot org
  • shed_head_2
    shed_head_2 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I teach secondary mathematics and have always really liked the Millenium mathematics project site. I use it for my lower ability pupils but it is aimed at high achieving primary age pupils.

I think the http://mmp.maths.org/ is the link.

They also link from there to the "nrich" site.

Em
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if Key Stage 1 SATS are just in maths and english?

or do they do Science SATs as well at KS1?

I see Letts do a revision guide for KS1 science - but i was not aware that science was a KS1 SATS subject...

art
  • yummymommy
    yummymommy Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Artichoke

Yes they do science aswell.

DD2 will be taking these after Easter. When DD1 took them a couple of years ago she had 1 mark for maths, 3 different marks for different areas of literacy and 1 mark for science. These were reflected in her end of term report. So I am presuming it's still the same now.

DD2 is 6 - such a shame that they have pressure on them at this age :mad:

HTH
    The past is over & done & cannot be changed. This is the only moment we can experience - Louise Hay
    "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
    -- Buddha
  • Rosey_Lee
    Options
    chewster78 wrote: »
    I am a teacher of KS1, and have been for the past 8 years. In my experience, the SATS are as waste of time. I have had children do really well on the tests just through pure guess work, especially with the reading. I had one girl achieve a 2C in reading, when in reality she was actually still working at a 1C/1B. Is that really a good indicator?

Surely you use your own judgement - if a child cannot read (1c/1b child) then they it is not possible for them to get a 2c... They shouldn't be entered for the comprehension (as they can't read) and for the reading task they can't get 2c (as they can't read).

I'm not necessarily in favour of SATS but they do give you the opportunity of having dedicated and uninterrupted time doing 1:1 reading with a child to get a clearer idea of where they're at.

(SATS at KS1 are spelling, reading, writing and maths - no science at our school)
  • Basil_Bernard
    Options
    Although all their stuff is not free (£10/yr for worksheets) ParentsinTouch.com has a huge number of worksheets and access to past SATs papers for Key stage 1, 2 and 3. Well worth a look. You can also get personal advice.
  • joshgeake
    Options
    Updated to include all 2009 sats papers and over 300 others. All free to download, print and practice with.

Just go to the BrightMinds link at the top of the page or simply google 'free sats'
  • shmt
    shmt Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    joshgeake wrote: »
    Updated to include all 2009 sats papers and over 300 others. All free to download, print and practice with.

Just go to the BrightMinds link at the top of the page or simply google 'free sats'

Most of them are for KS2, 3 and 4..........

I did not find anything new for KS1(only 2003 and 2004)...........am I right?
  • shmt
    shmt Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Confuzzled wrote: »
    learn direct has a superb game about the land of legula, i went through this with my 7 year old daughter (we're home educating) and i found some of the answers required me to think a bit too!

game where did the river go couk (slash) final (slash) index h t m l

(sorry it won't let me post links yet, when does that stop?)

Do you follow National Curriculum syllabus ? If so......can you pl. share syllabus with us
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure