We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Redundancy, help with mortgage interest & offset mortgages
goosander
Posts: 97 Forumite
I've just been told I'm to be made redundant so need to find out whether or not I'll be entitled to receive help with mortgage interest payments incase I can't find another job in time. I've been working continuously for more than 13 years so assume I'll be entitled to contributions based JSA but am not sure what the rules are regarding help with mortgage interest other than I won't get any help for the first 13 weeks.
I have an offset mortgage, so need to know whether offset savings are regarded the same as normal savings (i.e. prevent you claiming above a certain level) or whether you would receive help with interest on your mortgage balance less any offset savings.
I have an offset mortgage, so need to know whether offset savings are regarded the same as normal savings (i.e. prevent you claiming above a certain level) or whether you would receive help with interest on your mortgage balance less any offset savings.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards