🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit Card Refunds

Options
My query is how long are credit cards allowed to give refunds.

My problem started on 11/01/09 when I placed three orders with different companies on the internet.
Two were delivered on the 13th and 14th which is the reason for my internet ordering.
However the other company had not even processed the order by this time.
As I wanted the item sharpish and I found it available elsewhere with next day delivery I started out to cancel the original order before reordering.
The company were phoned but would only accept inquiries via email with a three working day reply which I suppose is an argument against internet ordering.
A reply was received on the 19th that they were out of stock and a refund would be made within 14 working days.
THis refund has still not been made and my credit card company has listed it as a dispute but do not reply to inquiries.
THe card terms and conditions state that " we will only make a refund to your account if we have reasonable proof that you are entitled to a refund".
I have have provided them with a print out of all the order details, the email stating the item is out of stock and a refund would be made, copies of emails I have sent to company and the automated receipts for them sent by the company who have not replied since Jan 19.
THe amount involved is around £70.
Any comments/advice welcomed.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,990 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why are you chasing the credit card company rather than the one with which you placed your order ? Unless they've gone out of business, it's really up to them to initiate the refund, not the card issuer ...
  • jfisher20
    Options
    When I received no more replies from the company I contacted the card issuer who accepted it as a dispute and requested I send all details which I have done.
    I would say however thjat do to the urgency of getting the orders of I did not check out the company fully as I do not usually use any that do not provide good contact details but then again until you try.............
    THey appear a large company check their site http://www.surveysuperstore.co.uk/
    THanks for your reply by the way
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family