We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Full time & Part time staff
lwrighty
Posts: 29 Forumite
Hi
I work in IT for a major UK company. There are about 200 employees. I work in a small dept within IT where just me and my boss are full time with 3 other part time staff.
If there were going to be redundancy's (quite possibly) would part time staff normally be laid off first? (i know legally that can't be a reason to lay someone off) Me and the 3 others take care of the day to day stuff, whilst my boss manages the operation. I am more qualified than all of them (except my boss) but one has been there longer. I know im being very selfish here but would you think i'd be safer than the others? (in these situations you have to think of number 1)
ps
The 4 of us are basically earning the same amount pro rata.
Thanks
I work in IT for a major UK company. There are about 200 employees. I work in a small dept within IT where just me and my boss are full time with 3 other part time staff.
If there were going to be redundancy's (quite possibly) would part time staff normally be laid off first? (i know legally that can't be a reason to lay someone off) Me and the 3 others take care of the day to day stuff, whilst my boss manages the operation. I am more qualified than all of them (except my boss) but one has been there longer. I know im being very selfish here but would you think i'd be safer than the others? (in these situations you have to think of number 1)
ps
The 4 of us are basically earning the same amount pro rata.
Thanks
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards