£375 for wallpapering and painting stairs

Options
hi all

does that sound about right? i am waiting on one more quote - £375 is from the first decorator. That is for painting woodwork, finishing stripping the walls (the bits i cant reach) and hanging about 9-10 rolls of paper.

Am in north east england.

many thanks

Comments

• Noel80
    Noel80 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds cheap to me. What have the others quoted?
  • Rosebery_2
    Options
    That's really cheap almost too low. If he's got good references I'd bite his hand off.
  • sarahbobs79
    Options
    I am in north west - paid £100 per day for recommended decorator to finish stripping, line, paint (with paint effect), prep and paint word work. Have very large hall, stairs and landing in mid-terrace house. Took about 3 and a half to 4 days (can't quite remember now - was about 2 years ago). Fee was excluding materials. So your quote sounds resaonable
  • joncarpet
    Options
    we've just paid £450 for someone to finish stripping teh bits we couldnt reach and to hang lining paper.
    Sounds like a good deal to me!
    :think:
  • jetcat
    jetcat Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys :beer: - sorry for the late reply!

i think i will prob go with him then, esp as the other two didnt even bother to turn up :mad:

i had someone fit the laminate - he charged £150 per day, and said that i would find someone cheaper than him for decorating - i just wasnt sure how many days to budget for!!!

just need to get saving .........
  • misgrace
    misgrace Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Options
    jetcat wrote: »
    hi all

does that sound about right? i am waiting on one more quote - £375 is from the first decorator. That is for painting woodwork, finishing stripping the walls (the bits i cant reach) and hanging about 9-10 rolls of paper.

Am in north east england.

many thanks

I think thats an excellent price, doubt if you will get it any cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure